SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

SOTD 25-Jun
1000029964.jpg
Brush: Semogue TSN Boar
Soap: TPB Nutcracker
Razor: CG Gen 3 Everyday
Blade: Wizamet

Don't ask...

Christmas in July but in June, shave with a Christmas/Winter type scent. This one is supposed to be Christmas type biscuits, the scent strength isn't huge, though not a terrible lather.

Barts, at always, fantastic.

Yes, I know, a car. Hardly Christmassy but I needed to get a Prius into one of the pictures somehow. I did wander around trying to find a Prius to snap a pic with (I'm sure I would have got odd looks), alas no one seems to own one anymore so this is my effort.

Had to be sneeky with taking the pic though, had to do it whilst keeping it hidden from the little one. Didn't want her to see Elf on A Shelf getting a shave!

Have a good one all!

Cheers

Marc

20240625_172544.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Stirling Glacial Spearmint.
Razor Muhle R41 Grand.
Blade Feather (1)
Aftershave Stirling Glacial Spearmint splash.

Another hot day needing a cool Menthol blast to cool a smooth, fabulous looking guy down.
Always a lovely close shave when you pair the R41 with a Feather.
Enjoy the football tonight everyone.

Tuesday 25th June

Cream • Cyril R Salter French Vetiver
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Claymore Evolution
Blade • Schick Proline (5)
Post • Paul Smith Men Aftershave

It's been quite a while scince I've used this Cyril R Salter cream. I suppose this happens when you're spoilt for choice? . . .
It really does perform very well - protection and glide are very good. The scent I imagine is quite polariaing (it was a gift from a forum member who really didn't like it.) Luckily for me, I do.
Finishing with Paul Smith Men Aftershave - this is a fresh scent which is heavy on vetiver and quite summery.

Tue 25th June

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
RR Hawk V3 - A plate
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A nice Shave then Shower ready for a trip North to see friends.Worst journey ever - traffic slow and held up 1/2 hour on A14, Made destination at agreed time, but only a comfort break and the 235 miles took 6.5 hours. A pint in the Pub was good.

IMG_0372.jpeg

SOTD 20240625
Prep: Cold Face Wash
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Pardus TGN 2-Band
Soap: Stirling Soap Company Margaritas in the Arctic
Razor: Stirling Soap Company SS Razor Standard Plate on Fort Worth Handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Mennen Skin Bracer
AS: Stirling Soap Company Margaritas in the Arctic

SOTD_20240625.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Tech June-kies

Monday 24th June

AP1GczNYtZkvzh6Ka9opFnHe39MWWwlM6jRDk-GhVfkesPiEakP_EvC96WArW4482oNPJu9K53G0ZK-hC0K-7b2Sn2McYz0zC4nNjN-lvnrkaSrpac7EMSVhLsAT_ofy47dQHgAHGykqJX1odJS2R8EoZlPrYQ=w800

Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated) & Proraso (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Rubie (1)
Brut Oceans Aftershave

On the home straight now ... and into the 1960s with this spiral Tech with a slightly unusual stamped top cap.

AP1GczPAGYqwoq4c8iaIMsVg1DPpfQBzG_S0nEJp-50f9R7Gsfl_F8GABHOyA8ax46zXf04GoG-JipdUGy-jAh-3hNHSs2og1W8t-I7PRDikwjBZARTaFpgSE6kjrpB7ehHQLZZGe4jflZbE00fa86g7Oyqu9A=w600

I don't know what it is about these spiral Techs, but it's kinda the one I've been most excited about shaving with this month. It's not my favourite Tech, not by a long stretch ... but it does indeed have a certain je ne sait quoi.
Fab picture. Both but the second one essentially.

Paul.

Last edited:
A couple of shaves which bring me up to date with my adventures by the sink. These are not 'catch-ups' as I have made bloody clear on a previous shave in the recent weeks.

'Don't get upset my love just because some nasty man said you were filling space with your catch-ups. Your face will always be my favourite seat to sit on'

And so the theme shall be, 'Squatters rights'

Monday

20240624_060710.jpg

Diddly squat razor - Stainless Mongoose
Squatting on sharp objects - Kai Titan mild
We will not be brushed - PAA Peregrino
Squatters and soap? - Signature Londinium
A moist seat - L'Occitane Cade balm
The right to smell - M&S Spiced Amber

'And ladies, before sitting down whip up a bit of batter.....'

A top notch shave with the dutiful exercise of shifting two days worth of facial rubbish. And shift it they did in a most bodacious manner. Perfection.

And you can have some of those most bodacious of Japanese ladies, Band Maid. Would I have them sit on my face? Any day.

Tuesday

20240625_145619.jpg

Communal razor - Ikon B1
Communal blade - Brazilian Wilkie
Communal brush - Highlander LFC
Communal soap - Signature top secret
Communal moisturiser - Simple
Oh my God it's the police! - Laboratory Perfumes Samphire

For some reason these Brazilian Wilkinson Swords don't half feel lively in the B1. It's like they have been manufactured slightly outside of the standard as there is a tremendous sense of blade on show. But use with care and my lordy, what a shave. A finish worthy of a fine bottom.

So chuffed with my first choice of song you can have some more from those Band Maid ladies. I know, I know, you're not chuffed, bit life is cruel. And so it should be...

And I do. Love you all that is

Back
Top Bottom