SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

U61Y3Tz.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Razor: Gillette Gold Super Adjustable (4-4-4)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, D. R. Harris Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Mt Romance Larrikin EdT

SOTD 24-June
1000029945 (2).jpg
Brush: Blackland Signature
Soap: Santa Maria Novella Toscana
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra SP

Today's theme isn't immediately apparent. It's supposed to be Christmas in July Eve, the point of it is to use a soap that you received as a gift from another participant. This is actually a tricky one for us in the UK as the vast majority of the people doing it are in the states. Luckily one fella stepped up to help out, he threw in this Toscana, a couple of Noble Otter samples, and a custom Soap sample from Summer Break Soaps that was made for the Rookie of the Year last year. Very generous, I reciprocated and sent a good number of different soaps that they can't get from over here as well. All good fun!

For the photo treasure funny, again not obvious but I'm reaching here. I had to get a pic of air, how on earth do I do that? I was going to use a can of compressed air and just blow the gear around, but rather than wreck my gear I instead opted for smoke, least part of it is still air!

This stuff is getting worse!

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

20240624_183323.jpg

My Menthol Madness Monday Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Razor Merkur 37c.
Blade Silver Star (3).
Aftershave Balm Chiseled face cryogen.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man edt.

An out of this world shave today and being very hot outside it was definitely a good idea to cool off with a cool razor and some cooling Cryogen.
Ooooo lovely and bbs.

Tech June-kies

Monday 24th June

AP1GczNYtZkvzh6Ka9opFnHe39MWWwlM6jRDk-GhVfkesPiEakP_EvC96WArW4482oNPJu9K53G0ZK-hC0K-7b2Sn2McYz0zC4nNjN-lvnrkaSrpac7EMSVhLsAT_ofy47dQHgAHGykqJX1odJS2R8EoZlPrYQ=w800

Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated) & Proraso (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Rubie (1)
Brut Oceans Aftershave

On the home straight now ... and into the 1960s with this spiral Tech with a slightly unusual stamped top cap.

AP1GczPAGYqwoq4c8iaIMsVg1DPpfQBzG_S0nEJp-50f9R7Gsfl_F8GABHOyA8ax46zXf04GoG-JipdUGy-jAh-3hNHSs2og1W8t-I7PRDikwjBZARTaFpgSE6kjrpB7ehHQLZZGe4jflZbE00fa86g7Oyqu9A=w600

I don't know what it is about these spiral Techs, but it's kinda the one I've been most excited about shaving with this month. It's not my favourite Tech, not by a long stretch ... but it does indeed have a certain je ne sait quoi.

Tech June-kies

Monday 24th June

AP1GczNYtZkvzh6Ka9opFnHe39MWWwlM6jRDk-GhVfkesPiEakP_EvC96WArW4482oNPJu9K53G0ZK-hC0K-7b2Sn2McYz0zC4nNjN-lvnrkaSrpac7EMSVhLsAT_ofy47dQHgAHGykqJX1odJS2R8EoZlPrYQ=w800

Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated) & Proraso (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Rubie (1)
Brut Oceans Aftershave

On the home straight now ... and into the 1960s with this spiral Tech with a slightly unusual stamped top cap.

AP1GczPAGYqwoq4c8iaIMsVg1DPpfQBzG_S0nEJp-50f9R7Gsfl_F8GABHOyA8ax46zXf04GoG-JipdUGy-jAh-3hNHSs2og1W8t-I7PRDikwjBZARTaFpgSE6kjrpB7ehHQLZZGe4jflZbE00fa86g7Oyqu9A=w600

I don't know what it is about these spiral Techs, but it's kinda the one I've been most excited about shaving with this month. It's not my favourite Tech, not by a long stretch ... but it does indeed have a certain je ne sait quoi.
Your Brut Oceans looks very green...

Back
Top Bottom