SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

I could have gone down the route of backdating my shaves

As if I would ever do that....piffle....

'And all I said was, what's a piffle? And he says....'
'He didn't say that did he? What a cad'
'What's a cad Enid?'

Ahem so here it is, last night's shave, with the theme, 'Ann Summers and other luminous objects'

20240731_164009.jpg

Glowing delight - Tatara Nodachi
Easy to see if lost - Polsilver Lodz
Illuminating erotica - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Fluorescent soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Shiny cream - Simple moisturiser
Phosphorescent perfume - ADP Absolut

'And it glows in the dark as well you say?'

A kind of half decent shave. One half said, lovely and smooth with a nice close finish, and the other half said more weepers than an Arthur Atkinson show

A bit of a mystery as to why so many weepers, so I swore aimlessly at the blade and in the bin it went.

An illuminating shave and nearly as interesting as the back wall in an Ann Summers shop. But I only know that when I go to buy my underwear.

So it has to be over to those Bed-In girls and there fanbase who appear to know one or two things about fluorescent objects to wave at a concert.

And I love you all

Thursday 1 August
I can’t add anything to the already positive views voiced on TSR regarding the HONE. It’s a terrific razor, Either 1 pass for dfs or two and pick ups for bbs depending on how much time you have and it’s all extremely fine.
If I had one point it would be for me the handle is a shade too long, but that’s just being picky as you soon get used to it.
The brush is made from bone as far as I can make out, I fitted a new bristle head, previously “pure badger” according to the engraved handle.
I hope the day is going well fellas!

View attachment 123386
Nice brush!!! :cool:

Razor = 1956 Gillette Red Tip Superspeed.
Blade = Vintage Schick Platinum Plus ( 5 )
Brush = Rich Man 30mm Ultra lux High Density.
Soap = Mastro Miche Jack The Shaver.
with matching splash.
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy.
IMG_2227.jpeg5th use of the Schick Platinum Plus and it’s still going strong,
i know a lot of you use your blades until they are done but im normally 3 uses & done.
Paired with the Red Tip the overall shave was superb.
The knot on this brush is probably thee best i have but again i don’t use it enough.
usual me.
Oh and the bad news iv decided to go back to work.
i was going to take the whole summer off but im bored so im off to Norway on Tuesday.
Pretty much short notice but i was asked the question & decided to go for it.
Why not ah.
Now the drama begins what will i take with me lol

Last edited:
SOTD 01-Aug
1000032607.jpg
Brush: Zenith - Unbleached Bristle 506U
Soap: HoM - Beloved
Razor: Henckels - Friodur 17

Today's the kick off for Austere August, so this is my setup for the month. Decided to participate in a handful of challenges, use a stainless straight razor along with a midway refresh on the stone, use HoM for the month, and take a brand new boar and use to face lather throughout the month (no pre-break in allowed).

Was an interesting start with the boar, seemed to suck up all the lather from the first load, so had to go again after the first pass, no great drama. It'll be good to see how it develops though. Great shave with the refreshed 17, and the Beloved scent is excellent.

Overall a very good shave and I'm looking forward to the rest of the month.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 1st August

AP1GczNGSYJ-nOq5iG1SkmLHNMEeCQiwnp52E-FTKJ6BxVWzfAhhNMzTlmV3ks8qOwfgT_mBKv5j6YXbYrt1g_fOFoyOx5MCsp5OCpc6z62auJB7kmBXsVo0TN2l1iU11x_98knx7G5WoWcrW3EkJRqRcsM_gQ=w800

DR Harris Arlington Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1912 Woolworths Set & GEM by Personna Stainless/PTFE (4)
Denim (Vintage) Aftershave

Not enjoying successive use of the EcoWarrior soap - it has shea butter in and while I can tolerate one shave every now and again, it builds up and I get tacky, mushy face. So, switched out to a DR Harris soap. Lovely! Really enjoying this brass British 1912.

Just to prove that not all of my SOTD's are several days behind, this one arrives one hour later and arrives themed, ':sleep:'. Because I am one tiring, boring old fart.

20240801_201527.jpg

:censored: - Stainless Mongoose
o_O - Feather Super Professional
:rolleyes: - Highlander Marine AFC
:unsure: - MDC Fougere
:confused: - Collagen
:eek: - Valentino Born in Roma

'I'm reading a really interesting book at the moment. 100 great SOTD's'

A :poop: hot shave

'Underwear by Ann Summers'

And to end on it is over to some Japanese ladies I had never heard of until two minutes ago.....

As if I would ever do that....piffle....

'And all I said was, what's a piffle? And he says....'
'He didn't say that did he? What a cad'
'What's a cad Enid?'

Ahem so here it is, last night's shave, with the theme, 'Ann Summers and other luminous objects'

View attachment 123389

Glowing delight - Tatara Nodachi
Easy to see if lost - Polsilver Lodz
Illuminating erotica - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Fluorescent soap - Penhaligons Bayolea
Shiny cream - Simple moisturiser
Phosphorescent perfume - ADP Absolut

'And it glows in the dark as well you say?'

A kind of half decent shave. One half said, lovely and smooth with a nice close finish, and the other half said more weepers than an Arthur Atkinson show

A bit of a mystery as to why so many weepers, so I swore aimlessly at the blade and in the bin it went.

An illuminating shave and nearly as interesting as the back wall in an Ann Summers shop. But I only know that when I go to buy my underwear.

So it has to be over to those Bed-In girls and there fanbase who appear to know one or two things about fluorescent objects to wave at a concert.

And I love you all
Piffle or maybe you mean Pizzle. The latter being a bulls penis whereas piffle is…..a nonsense or a mere trifle. Just saying Chris as maybe Anne Summers sells something similar :unsure:

SOTD Thu 1 Aug 2024

Why am I still awake, shave
5DD80651-D20E-413F-BCFC-F466FC9F5F45.jpeg
Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
Yaqi Familia Sagrada brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Wizamet Super Iridium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB

Ok, it’s 2 o’clock in the morning, I’m still awake and just remembered I haven’t posted my SOTD for last night! WTF!
Love this cream, love this brush, love this razor and like this blade a lot. Guess I liked that shave then, oh yes indeed! Very enjoyable experience and more than satisfied with the end result, wonderful face feel and nice smell. Think I’ll have another cup of tea!

Friday 2 August

I was intrigued by this razor which came up on the Bay. On impulse I thought it’s cheap, why not, I like a challenge.
So I give you the oddest single edge shavette I have seen,

IMG_0739.jpeg

It can’t take a whole de blade or an injector which is too thick but a half blade can be fitted after a bit of a fiddle. The tight clamping of the two halves by the handle grips the blade stopping any movement.
After a good lather I set to work and was amazed at how good it is. I’m no expert with shavettes and more time and patience is required by me when using them than a normal de razor. However, time I didn’t have so had to finish the under chin area with a de razor. A bbs finish is easily achievable with this odd piece.
If anyone has any ideas about its origin please tell.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0740.jpeg

SOTD: 02/08/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a fine day!

Aug 2nd
20240802_061700.jpg
Razor - 1976 Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade - Tatra #2
Soap - PAA Praise John Frum
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Post - Lea 0% lotion and P&B Spitfire balm
Lovely shave this morning - usual 3 passes - the razor is light, nimble,smooth and efficient.
Tatra blade has once again impressed.
Beautiful lather as always from this soap - wicked scent too.
I love the smell of Spitfire - real old fashioned masculine fragrance.
Top, top shave.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Back
Top Bottom