SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

31 July

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Cadman M55
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

B1DC13C0-6D9B-4258-9DA9-CE765BE54EFA.jpeg
My Cadman Tuxedo has a 30mm knot and is a spectacular lather monster. It didn’t take much of the Eucris cream to whip up a mountain of luxurious lather. The EJ does its job as if self-propelled. A grand two pass shave.

31/07/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Rolls Razor - Stainless
Blade - J-49-5 (The Spare)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd "The Genuine"
A/S - Floïd "The Genuine"
Wk 31 (5).jpgWk 31 (5a).jpg
I just love the completeness of this set, paperwork, telescopic handle and spare replacement blade.
I am really happy with the edge i have put on the Spare 1949 blade, i believe that is about as smooth a shave i have had from a Rolls blade. I used the spare as when i was honing the original 1936 blade i realised the spine was off so the edge was "twisted", i need to do a bit work on that.
I completed a full 3 pass shave giving me a lovely finish, no indication from the Alum rub which is great. A nice post shave from the Floïd products, i may need to use a bit more balm as it does sink in quickly and a tiny bit of indication from the splash.
Yes, that was a nice Vintage Wednesday shave.
Enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 31/07/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice day, everyone!

20240731_114237~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Rose.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razor Alpha Spirit.
Blade Feather Pro Super (5).
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum.

Big day for the Spirit today as it was time to test it with a couple of days growth and a head shave.
I used my top notch cream that was lathered up with my brilliant Highlander Boar that created a full bowl of creamy goodness in a few seconds.
The shave result was OK and the headshave although done with no issues was not something I enjoyed, I will try again but I am going to use a fresh Kai blade as all the shaves seem very scratchy to me.
Star of the show was definitely the Bay rum, oh boy was it a big surprise.
I applied it ready for a cooling slight sting but instead my face and head was one fire, literally on fire.
Art Rage GIF by Psyklon

Boy oh boy it was simply amazing.
Surprised Owl GIF

I love it, I love it, I love it.
Love It Ro GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Anyway I am happier than an orgasm on a honeymoon.

Enjoy the day everyone because I am woohoo.
Happy Dancing Queen GIF by Sound FX

I think a closer and less heated shave than yesterday, but a few more weepers means the same score.
All my issue of course; I'm getting the hang of a new razor and using a different blade each time.

English Wilkies and Polsilver SIs are among my favourites so next shave I'll use something that's more of a daily workhorse and see how I get on.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) PAA Fakealite Slant
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Arko shaving stick
Aftershave: Wars Classic

Razor - Rockwell 6S R3
Blade - Tiger
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - MWF

We sometimes say “what could possibly go wrong” and it’s meant as a joke. This time I was serious. Going out for lunch and in a bit of a rush. Perfect two pass with the customary polish. The second go with the Tiger blades just confirmed my first impression. I might have to order 250 years worth and call it a do.

Great lunch, too… just having a coffee now and then finish off a bottle of wine from the fridge…

IMG_0226.jpeg

I have a Birth year one and you are right it's an excellent shaver Mike.
Razor = Gillette Slim Twist 1970’s i think.
Blade = Schick Super Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Highlander 24mm TSR Group Buy in Boar.
Soap = OSP Sandalwood
Splash =OSP Sandalwood
Balm = Simpson’s = Sandalwood

View attachment 123306Well iv got another tub of this soap then it’s done.
Genuinely think it’s my all time favourite,
i’ll be a sad man when it’s done.
3 Passes of luxurious lather and a first class shave.
These Razors for me are superb,
i guess they weren’t flavour of the month when they came to market due to them being plastic but personally i would use one of these over the all the big hitters i really like them that much.
I’m sad enough to have them in different colours but luckily enough to get NOS stock.
Not for everyone i know but total dynamite for me.
i’m going to give this blade another run out,
in fact i think i’ll use it until its done.
Iv got one thing to say before i go
Thank Fug Love Island is Finished it does my box in and what makes it worse is the wife in tears
Please give me strength
Nice one Mike, All hail King Gillette, shaving Nirvana for over 100 years. Colonel Schick is at the same level for me with se injectors.(y)

Wednesday

Feather SS Scotch Wood Folding
Schick Proline
Mühle Sophist STF
TOBS Eton College
Bart’s Bonce Balm & CeraVe Hyaluronic Acid Serum
TOBS Eton College Cologne

Been really busy of late so not been able to post my SOTD even though I have been shaving daily. I could have gone down the route of backdating my shaves but they aren’t anywhere near as entertaining as our good friend Mr @Satanfriendly.

IMG_5731.jpeg
SOTD: 31/07/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave

Been dreadful at posting recently but felt wrong to not post a Proraso shave while here in Italy! I’m in Policoro which is about an hour from Matera, the town on the last Bond film. It’s not hard to work out why it was chosen as a setting, it’s stunning!

43db9a10-b1d1-440a-a148-b0179c34e70b.jpeg

IMG_5721.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom