SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

30/07/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - AP400B Slim Brass 22mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac EDC

The Wizamet Blade was superb in the Beautiful Athena. The razor just gliding over the skin.
A Very nice shave.
Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 30th July

Soap • Stirling Mango Sunrise
Brush • PAA Doppler
Razor • Yaqi Romulus
Blade • Schick Proline (8)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

A well needed freshen up after a long hot day at work.
This was my first time using the Stirling soap, which was an Emporium purchase.
Chris, @Boycie83 expressly warned me that this Glacial soap contains a lot of menthol - well, he wasn't wrong. . . . Other Stirling Glacial soaps are positively warm by comparison!
Some 'warming' Clubman Classic Vanilla aftetshave helped to alleviate the frozen feeling.
I can't see me reaching for this soap on a regular basis, although it performs very well.
BST pending . . .

@Mike Smart was kind enough to lend me a PAA slant in Bakelite-style modern plastic: 'fakealite' .
Loaded with an excellent blade I got a BBS finish in four passes plus touch-ups. Only issue was a bit of heat on the fizzog after. That'll iron out as I get the hang of the razor blade combos.

Nearing the end of my Wars Classic so will need to decide on another aftershave to try to use up next...

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) PAA Fakealite Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword English vintage - 1970s white with diagonal gold and brown corner stripe
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Signature Leodis
Aftershave: Wars Classic

Last edited:
How do.you find it to lather? I hate my Stirling Menthol soaps as they don't compare to the non Menthol offerings when lathering.

Razor = Gillette Slim Twist 1970’s i think.
Blade = Schick Super Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Highlander 24mm TSR Group Buy in Boar.
Soap = OSP Sandalwood
Splash =OSP Sandalwood
Balm = Simpson’s = Sandalwood

Well iv got another tub of this soap then it’s done.
Genuinely think it’s my all time favourite,
i’ll be a sad man when it’s done.
3 Passes of luxurious lather and a first class shave.
These Razors for me are superb,
i guess they weren’t flavour of the month when they came to market due to them being plastic but personally i would use one of these over the all the big hitters i really like them that much.
I’m sad enough to have them in different colours but luckily enough to get NOS stock.
Not for everyone i know but total dynamite for me.
i’m going to give this blade another run out,
in fact i think i’ll use it until its done.
Iv got one thing to say before i go
Thank Fug Love Island is Finished it does my box in and what makes it worse is the wife in tears
Please give me strength

Last edited:
I have a Birth year one and you are right it's an excellent shaver Mike.

Hope you like it mate there’s not many people that do

Lol I was born in 1972 I have S2 that's my birth year second quarter.
I do have to warn you I only look 18, drop dead gorgeous and hung like the iceberg that sank the Titanic. It's probably why women throw themselves at my feet every day.

Give it a few shaves in and you will find it incredible, I own the Glow in the dark version.