SOTD: Saturday 29 June - Friday 5 July 2024.

03/07/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - 7 O' clock Gem
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd "The Genuine"
A/S - Floïd "The Genuine"
Wk 27  (5).jpgWk 27  (5a).jpg
For all its old school looks the 7'0'Clock GEM feels mild on the skin with enough efficiency to cope with my stubble.
3 Passes today for a DFS+ comfortable finish.
It really is a privilege to use such a well thought out, innovative engineered safety razor. I think the blade is on its last legs so it has been binned i will sort another blade ready for its next outing.
The Genuine Floïd is very old school barber shop for me, its a good match for Vintage Wednesday.
Enjoy your day all.

So, it’s a long shot but I am looking for the blade carrier piece which was missing from this DeHaven razor which I found recently. It’s possible to install a modern injector or half de blade in the carrier. Without it I have a very nice art deco shaped razor but not one I can use.
Fotos below if anyone can help. Maybe more chance from TSR folk in the USA?
Thanks for any help or advice fellas!
Alan

The razor

IMG_9333.jpeg

The blade carrier (has an old blade fitted)

IMG_9334.jpeg

The list I gave above came direct from T&H when I queried them in January 2024 - they did not have the ingredient list for their 2024 reformulation but said it would be weeks (dunno if they've hit the shelves yet). Similar query with TOBS early January and they said their Sandalwood was gaining a new formulation - I bought a week or two ago ... and ... it's still the old formulation. I think there's a lot still in the system.

Fun that the formulation T&H gave me is different to what's actually on the box! Your ingredient list reads far closer to the current Floris (which we know is the base) and that makes a lot more sense.

Again, more loading ... ensure an practically dry brush.

Something else which might help? Dunno. I remove the cake from the dish and hold it in my hand to load from - the dish gets less trauma and the cake stays still. Residual soap on my hand gives me a quick wash prior to lathering up.

Keep practicing!

Maybe Apsley has spotted a gap in the market now that MWF is universally latherable ... Apsley is the new "those who can" vs "those who cannot". Are you one of the chosen? Haha!
Thanks again Paul, I tried the hand holding bit but didn’t change the outcome, thin and quickly drying. However, I am one to keep trying and I like the challenge with the aim eventually to reach “chosen” status :ROFLMAO:

SOTD: 4th July 2024.

12.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream.
Blade: Chinese Super Gillette Blue. (D2)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender ASL./
Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

Election Madness day!

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful performance from the Gillette slim twist.

The Arko Sensitive Shaving Cream created a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

P.S. "Remember no matter who you vote for, the government always get it."

SOTD 04-July
1000030875 (3).jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: SBS Trouble Maker
Razor: Atelier Durdan - No. 7 (1.1)
Blade: Wizamet

Cracking shave this morning, this 1.1 definitely seems to be my speed. I'll try out the 0.7 tomorrow but I think I may be wasting my time. I'll then probably give it a bash with the Vestige handle and see how the weight changes.

To all our US folk:
Screenshot_20240704_074218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Have a good'un all!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom