SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

Thur 5th September

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor- 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3 - A plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Nearly changed blades today, but checked in the little book and found it was relatively fresh. Have to mention the Brush, which used to be a regular on the scene, properly whetted it can conjure up a most effective lather from most soaps. Not only is the knot good, but the handle is very ergonomic and used on their more high end brushes. The. progress Vulfix 404 mixed is worth a try, for those who lather off the bowl.
Rather pleased with todays Shave, smooth, comfortable and a good close finish.

IMG_1168.jpeg

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
Brush - Highlander TSR LE
Razor - Gillette BE Tech USA
Blade - Gillette New Chromium Edge (5)
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

What else did I do today?

I also got one of those chocolate filled doughnuts from Lidl.

Pasta and a doughnut? Yeah, that's me, a life of decadence.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Happy belated birthday @donnie_arko I hope it was a good’un.

5 September

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

D9173302-1CED-4F80-A416-41EAD429C8BE.jpeg
If the Merkur slants are my favourite inexpensive razors, the Blackbird is my favourite premium stainless steel razor. It is a very efficient razor that needs almost no effort to achieve a good shave. I got the usual fabulous lather from the Capra Deva and Signature brush. Two passes with the Blackbird produced a very smooth result and no reaction to the Floïd. I really love it.

05/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's - 22mm Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Vectis
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Schick Proline PB 30
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Wk36 (7).jpg
A very nice shave today.
Happy birthday for yesterday @donnie_arko, i hope you had a great day.
Thanks everyone for your kind birthday wishes.
Enjoy your day all.

1000009641.jpgMy second TDS soap arrived this morning (along with my third). Lathered this one up nicely and can say there's nothing tedious about it! My only criticism of this and the lavender one I used the other day is I'd like the smell to be stronger, but it's not weak as such.

The Super Chromium blade is a vintage one from a pack I don't use often. It is very smooth but I like something a little sharper.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Schick Super Chromium
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: TDS Apple, Strawberry and Green Tea
Aftershave: Goya Cedarwood

7adc28b1-1de5-4d07-84b1-32a144a85935.jpg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #66
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Riva 26mm Manchurian
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Valley of Ashes
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

I had a great shave today. The Aristocrat never lets me down; it's always a lovely shave. The Valley of Ashes scent is incredible—I enjoy using this soap.

Razor - Timor
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - MWF

Another two-pass smoothie… plus a polish. Who can resist a polish when it’s going well and plenty of lather left?

Now I’m getting used to the Timor again it’s seeming a bit on the mild side. Might be time to try out the EJ89 again as it has an ounce more bite.

This will be my last SOTD for a while. I’m going on me holidays so it I will be using a cartridge for two weeks (for logistical reasons). On the plus side I’ll be using my Muhle travel brush and LEA stick… one of my favourite combinations… followed by Occitaine Cade balm. I never use these at home as it would spoil my holiday fun.

Not going for a few days yet, but will catch up with a Shave of the Holidays when I get back.

Cheers, everyone.

IMG_0258.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom