SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

Razor = Occam’s Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 6 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Stoat
Cream = The Body Shop Mecca & Aloe Vera
with matching balm.
EDT = Activist By The Body Shop.

IMG_2549.jpegTremendous Day off Afternoon shave.
I love this cream more & more.
At one point i never wanted this cream now it’s nearly done but i do have another.
3 passes of wonderful lather.
Two passes was probably enough but i like to spoil myself.
Enjoy the weekend lads.
Time for a Movie for me

One of these? Not a good way to shave

The Tek beat me (and slashed me) in to submission. I passed it on to some other hapless soul

Lol sounds like my ideal razor, are they still available or something else I have to go on a treasure hunt for?

X Marks The Spot Pirate GIF by Pirate's Parley

Lol sounds like my ideal razor, are they still available or something else I have to go on a treasure hunt for?

X Marks The Spot Pirate GIF by Pirate's Parley's Parley
It's still in production, and available from iKon:

SOTD
Rockwell T2 with both Amazon and Rex blades.
ESC Big Jock brush.
ESC Cedarwood and Citrus cream and balm.

Today's shave was a nod to executive shaving. It was also an opportunity to compare the Amazon blade and the Rex blade, especially as the Amazon blade is currently my go-to blade. I was shaving with three days of growth.
I shaved the left side of my face with the Amazon and the right side with the Rex. The T2 razor was set to position 4.
First pass wtg, saw no real difference other than a different tone with the feedback. Both were smooth with no tugging and felt comfortable.
Second pass xtg, and again, no real difference, only less audible feedback from both and still just as smooth, although the Rex blade didn't remove as much stubble.
Third pass atg, and this is where the Rex blade struggled compared to the Amazon, and it was noticeably causing me mild irritation.
A final pickup pass was required, and this, for me, was the decider. The Rex blade had managed to cause soreness and a few weepers, whereas the Amazon side was clean.
So, unfortunately, for me, at least, these Rex blades aren't ideal for my skin/beard. Ymmv.
And all the while, I can buy a blade for what equates to about 7 pence per blade, I'll stick with the status quo along with others I like using, but I appreciated the chance to try them.
Happy Shaving 20240901_133816.jpg

Back
Top Bottom