SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

Monday 2nd September

AP1GczMjAydm-eWhYfhRLZEl7JSKTOCcRN1tJxBx7sb7pgynvUtKev42WU7qvOSsIu4FWVYSyZjS4EBncoSj8n_lpz1bC_nfOskbT1OpD2fjDq6jKcOawRmGp0W87-7w1bB_se8M0W3usRNqudiUFC7VjTGVZw=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Muhle Classic Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Ever-Ready Streamline (1950s) & GEM by Personna Stainless (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

I have a lof of Sandalwood shaving soaps (little show off here: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/spontaneous-sandalwood-soaps-sniffing.59883/) and so decided to use 'em through Sandalwood September.

Brisk shave with a fresh GEM!

1000010423.jpg

My Menthol Madness Monday Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice.
Soap Stirling Glacial Spearmint.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl3.
Blade Gem (6) and (1).
Post shave 3P cream
Aftershave Stirling Glacial Spearmint splash.

I went back to lvl 3 as it gave me the best shave so far.
After clearing one side of my face the shave still felt rough so I decided to just swap the blade for a new one to see if it made any difference, it certainly did, so I either damaged the edge wiping it dry or the blade was just a duff.
After 3 passes I am smooth and clean.

Enjoy the night all.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

CeraVe Soap
Razorock Caribbean Holiday
Zenith Unbleached Boar 505RC XSE
Gillette 109 1966 Black Beauty
Derby USTA
Boots No 7 Balm

Great shave. Love this razor almost as much as my Slim Adjustable.

Hopefully not the last shave of the year with the summery Razorock - will use it again when the sun comes out.

As I’d read, Derby USTAs were completely different to Derby Extras & seem to work well for me and in this razor, but losing sharpness mid way through second shave due to my fine sandpaper cheeks (1 day growth).

Have cheered up after this evening shave after the exploding Phoenix Slant! They don’t make ‘em like they used to!

IMG_0536.jpeg

SOTD Tuesday 3 September
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Lord Platinum Super Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword - Blue
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Lord Platinum Super Stainless blade was in my Gillette British Rocket FlareTip 1950’s today.

The Lord blade is manufactured in the Middle East. Lord Precision Industries formerly known as Wilkinson Sword Middle East.
This is a very smooth sharp blade. Not too sharp, so fine as a daily shav blade for myself.
Blade feel was effortless. No weepers or any irritation from a full head and face shave.

Still enjoy the fresh citrus scent from the Wilkinson Sword soap, for a supermarket soap it is really very nice.

64.jpg

SOTD: 3rd September 2024.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.2)
Blade: Personna PTFE SS Injector. (D1)
Razor: Schick G type Injector. 1946-1955.
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D1)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Everything in my shave set up worked together excellently. A wonderful performance from both the vintage Schick G type Injector & Gillette Guard.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom