SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

PXL_20240902_071345366~2.jpg
still quite impressed with this Morrisons two blade cartridge. I managed to get an ok 4th full head and cheeks/neck shave with it when I usually only manage to get two shaves with disposables. there's a little stubble and irritation now so I'll stop there on this one. I'm going to pack a couple of these for a cabin luggage only trip next week.

Mon 2nd September

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Vitos Super Red
Schick Super 11
Schick Super 11 Ultrex cart ( 2 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

A necessary Shave this morning as a Funeral to attend. Do not think that I have ever paired the Brush/ Soap before, but the dampened brush yielded a super creamy lather, making the Shave so good. At least no need for a dark suit, as Family requested that attire should be informal. Luckily, I have a nice Sports Jacket that is ideal being quite muted blue/ grey - bonus can wear comfortable Shoes.

IMG_0417.jpeg

Fathers' Day Shave from yesterday, in memory of my Dad - a great man.

Uyw7DGs.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Diamond Jubilee QE II
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Razor: English Gillette Aristocrat No 22
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Penhaligon's Bayolia After Shave Lotion
Scent: Floris No 89 EdT

Info below on the brush from my good friend Mark:

Simpson Jubilee Brush

SOTD 02-Sep-24
SOTD 02-Sep-24.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: CGC Shiloh
Razor: Blackland Sabre V2 L4
Blade: GEM PTFE

Decent shave this morning, there was very little to take down after yesterday's effort. For me I think this L4 feels a tad above the Blackbird as they likened it to in the email descriptions. I can shave daily with the Blackbird with no dramas, I think this might be a tad much. If I only shaved every other day then it would probably be fine. I'll give it one more bash tomorrow before moving to the L3 just to be sure the blade has settled.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

Monday 2nd September

Soap • Extro Legno Di Rosa
Brush • Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo Red Marble
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Wilkinson Sword- Brasil (3)
Post • Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

I've enjoyed using Extro soaps/croaps for my last few shaves.
They all peedorm very well (once dialed in.) Especially this one - perhaps it's the addition of donkey milk that elevates it from the others? It's certainly a bit 'softer' in consistency.

Back
Top Bottom