SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

SOTD 03-Sep-24

Brush: DG B16
Soap: Westman (Desas) Sossego
Razor: Blackland Sabre V2 L4
Blade: GEM PTFE

Final day with the L4, both angles and blade came together much better today. The first pass is smooth as butter, the ATG pass though is not quite so smooth. It might benefit from slapping in a XTG pass first but that's not my routine. Though I would not use this daily, I could probably get away with it every other day.

My intent is to try the L2 against the original L2 and most likely the Vestige ++ against the L3 as I suspect that might be roughly where it sits. I'll try that over the next couple of days and see how it plays.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Tuesday 3 September
Shield titanium ac razor
ToBS synthetic reknot
SV Desert Vetiver soap and and balm
Feather Pro Guard x3

Very and I mean very close shave with this bad boy to the extent an atg pass wasn’t really necessary but I did anyway and a smooth BBs finish resulted with only minor weepers. Can’t say much more about SV soaps and splashes other than the intoxicating scent and smoothness makes their products favourites of mine.
Have a great day fellas!

Not one of my favourite razors because it's very mild, too mild for me. But great for a quick shave before going out where a even a nick could be a disaster. Also great for beginners. Probably impossible to get a cut unless one is shaving over a bump or pimple. Leaf's own blade is mild too so when mixing a mild blade with a mild razor the amount of hair shaved is likely to be pretty much nada.
Pre: Morning shower
Prep: Pears transparent soap (it's transparent because it's made from glycerine)
Soap: Extro Arancia Italiana
Brush: Zenith boar, olive wood handle
Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Euromax single edge
Hot rinse, cold rinse
A/S: Shave Factory 05 Mediterranean Cologne

03/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - OneBlade Genesis
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

The Genesis is probably the easiest and safest GEM Bladed razor i have used, i find it mild to the skin feel although it is easily efficient enough, it just works. Today i went straight into an ATG pass then completed a XTG tidy up pass.
Leaving me with a BBS and very comfortable finish. A nice post shave routine finishing with a good splash of GB's Bowling Green.
Enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
3 September

Barrister’s Reserve Fern
Mühle Classic L
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

I went for a fast two pass shave this morning. A good lather from the soap and a quick and easy shave with the Merkur slant. This 37c is a pretty mild shaver. The first one I had, at least 15 years ago, was not. That one could give a close shave in one pass. I know that I’ve changed, I’m not sure if this little razor has too. I prefer this one.

(Yesterday's shave)

2/9/24

Brush - Zenith 2006
Soap - Arko
Razor - USA Tech
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (2)
AS - Makler Celebration

I was a little too quick to write off this particular brush, now that I have used it a few times I think I have a better idea of how it performs. It doesn't have a huge amount of backbone, it needs a bit more effort to load from a hard soap, it has a bit of scrub through. I've used it about 10 times so far, and it was shedding a little to begin with but it seems to have settled down now. I was initially a little dismayed that it seemed a bit on the floppy side of things and that's still the way, but where this brush really excels is it's flow through. It might be one of the better brushes for it I have used over the years and I'm enjoying using this brush, even if it's not the scrubby workhorse like the Omegas I usually favour.

First try of this soap and this brand. I have two more of these TDS on the way so thought I'd better try this one in the meantime.
Good scent and great performance.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: TDS Lavender and Resin
Aftershave: Lynx/Axe Marine

Razor - Timor
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpsons Captain
Lather - Phoenix & Beau Achilles Last Stand

Another good ‘un. Two passes and a slight polish for a smooth and trouble-free result.

I stuck to the tried and tested for the razor and blade. Loving the Timor… it just seems to present itself at a natural angle (if that doesn’t sound daft).

The Achilles Last Stand is currently my favourite soap sample… but it’s close. I wouldn’t be shamed by any of them (Phoenix &Beau, Wickhams and Extro). I could buy any… or all of them.

SOTD
Dovo Primo II with Dovo Platinum blade.
SOC boar brush.
Tabac Soap, AS, and Balm.

This was a fantastic recovery shave
The Dovo Primo is a lovely razor, well made, and a quality finish. If you like the Merkur 34c but want a bit more efficiency, then this is definitely for you. It's smooth in use with a little blade feel, having a positive exposure, but by no means aggressive. It felt completely safe and comfortable throughout the shave.
The blades are really nice, and they feel smooth and sharp, with no irritation or weepers. You could definitely shave with this razor every day without issues.
The Tabac performed well as always, and I'm super smooth and feeling good.
Happy Shaving