SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

Wednesday 11 September

CV HELJESTRAND a Swedish lather catcher fitted with the ubiquitous GEM,
Floris 1730
Emperor synthetic by Simpsons
Victorian shaving bowl

These lather catchers are all slightly different in performance. Partly due to the required shave angle but also to the amount of blade flex, which whilst not not large is enough to affect the level of mildness or coarseness. The original blades were wedges of steel with no blade flex. However, with suitable patience and pressure variation bbs finish is possible without drama or blood.

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0776.jpeg

Another mild shave from the Twig. I started off with a Gillette Bleue Extra - not a blade I have huge numbers of but typically quite a sharp blade. I found it very mild in the Twig. Weirdly the cheap Chinese Colorlamb seemed to be much more effective!

I will keep trying different blades in it and maybe even a shim under or below the cutting edge.
I have been looking for a carton of Feather blades but not found them yet.

A quick experiment suggested two blades is the maximum that will fit as three comes very close to sticking out of the blade stops.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Leaf Twig
Blade: Colorlamb Super Platinum
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Pre-Shave: Argan oil soap
Lather: Palmolive shave stick
Aftershave: Arko Gold

View attachment 125120

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream.
Razors Leaf & ikon Tek.
Blade Feather (1).
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum cooooorrr.

I was not intending to buy a new razor for a while but that blinking devil @Satanfriendly Lured me in and enabled me to pick up an Ikon Tek.
"Come Johnny Bravo look at the razor and sign in blood it could all be yours"
Deal With The Devil Smile GIF by Xbox

I looked into his satanic eyes and then to sheet of paper he was holding and it was too late I was drawn to it like a sexy moth to a flame.

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I soon had it in my sexy hands and held it aloft like Heman and shouted "I am Johnny Bravo the most dam sexiest man alive and I will weild this razor like a pro and not a mark on my bloody gorgeous face will be seen!"
He Man Power GIF

So confident was I that I even popped a Feather into the razor and away I went.
Throwing it around my face like Zorro. I will show that devil @Satanfriendly he has not tricked me into a blood letting, no blood shall spill today.
Mask Zorro GIF

After 3 perfect passes I became baby smooth and I really mean smooth like the feeling of baby oil on my manly chest.

Whats Up Nod GIF by WWE

I walked outside to get an independent verdict from a passing lady. She took one look at ol Johnny and swooned.

Confused Olive Oil GIF by MOODMAN

Yep safe to say it was job done.
So Mr @Satanfriendly you didn't fool ol Johnny Bravo I am far to slick for those tricks and I get to keep my soul you Cad.

Shirley Temple GIF

It's time for Johnny to head inside and speak to the wife.
Enjoy the night everyone and Mr Satan dude just sit back and watch Johnny Bravo slide away with a nice new shiny razor and soul intact ha ha.

Laterz taterz

happy michael jackson GIF by CBBC

I don't really care about your skinning tool, I am more disturbed by how many bits of media you can publish without hitting the Giphy wall.

Spill the beans. How many Smarties are you paying 'the management'?

'Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you etc etc'

SOTD.jpg
Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Gillette Trac II Twinjector - cerakoted (stormtrooper white)
Blade: Schick Twinblade (8)
Brush: Highlander Stormtrooper
S Cream: Nivea Sensitive Pro

A fantastic shave still on the 8th outing. These blades are something else. Currently out of stock at Connaughts but hopefully will come back in stock soon. Thanks P @pjgh for showcasing this razor a while back, which enabled me. Lovely ergonomics on it. Definitely what a stormtrooper would use :cool:
@gile is an absolute craftsman. You dream something one night and the next day he gets on to work to make your dream possible.
Star Wars Evolution GIF by CmdrKitten

View attachment 125161

A fantastic shave still on the 8th outing. These blades are something else. Currently out of stock at Connaughts but hopefully will come back in stock soon. Thanks P @pjgh for showcasing this razor a while back, which enabled me. Lovely ergonomics on it. Definitely what a stormtrooper would use :cool:
@gile is an absolute craftsman. You dream something one night and the next day he gets on to work to make your dream possible.
Star Wars Evolution GIF by CmdrKitten
Thank you Dan, hope it'll serve you well.

11 September

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Plisson synthetic
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Speick Men Sensitiv balm

BA8C4D9D-CB62-467C-B98B-BED8B8F20192.jpeg
I love this Eboracum soap especially the peppermint in it. I also love its ability to produce a superb lather, even I can do it! I had a very pleasant two pass shave this morning and a smooth result.

View attachment 125161

Those twin blades will run through to maybe 15 shaves before losing their day one character. Superb blades! I'm using my Twinjector at the moment as well ... but I've got a single Japanese Schick in mine. It's a top-notch shave, but the twin setup does pip it. I'd also say this injector Trac-II is most certainly better than the cartridge Trac-II that followed, even with high quality modern cartridges.

Great to see another in use! But I do need to see more of the actual razor ... more snaps, please.

Back
Top Bottom