Tech June-kies 2023

Saturday 10th June

AJFCJaV0m74rVjc4bVk-Ol33mOcDkeZyqtgYvhFysfVtaCYcSihriFpFz0VGJue2qPyMV5M2PX8s5Z2e7EhkvrbSn8ZHmc-bj0d9fVTb7AVgEt0PPuGwfHVFO70fsPqR6vSdNU35p6o09z_7o-m5kj4AznrSJQ=w1200

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech British Bakelite No.00 Set H & Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (Laser Etched) (2)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Switching to a different 1940s British Tech for the weekend and a lovely shave with the No.00 Bakelite Set. Lovely!

View attachment 107266
View attachment 107268
View attachment 107269

New week and new Tech.
It's my English open comb Brass Ball End Tech, does anyone have a rough idea of it's age?
In them days they certainly knew how to package stuff, unlike the cheap frills cardboard boxes of today.

That's not a Tech but an Old Type. Made in the 1920's.

It's a different razor to the Tech, I find it to be a different shave to a Tech. They don't have as many fans, but I love mine. It's very mild in the shave, even if the open comb razor head can look a bit scary.

1920s%20Pocket%20Edition%20No501-B.jpg

It's a different razor to the Tech, I find it to be a different shave to a Tech. They don't have as many fans, but I love mine. It's very mild in the shave, even if the open comb razor head can look a bit scary.

Oh bummer, I will switch it over tomorrow with a definite Tech lol. It was the handle that made me believe it was a version of Tech, my bad sorry guys.
You are definitely right about it being a lovely shaver and mild for an open comb.

Tech June-kies ...

Sunday 11th June

AJFCJaV0m74rVjc4bVk-Ol33mOcDkeZyqtgYvhFysfVtaCYcSihriFpFz0VGJue2qPyMV5M2PX8s5Z2e7EhkvrbSn8ZHmc-bj0d9fVTb7AVgEt0PPuGwfHVFO70fsPqR6vSdNU35p6o09z_7o-m5kj4AznrSJQ=w1200

Mitchell's Wool Fat (Veg) Shaving Soap & VieLong American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 22mm
Gillette Tech British Bakelite No.00 Set H & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (Laser Etched) (2)
Tabac Cologne (as Aftershave)

Loving the bakelite Tech, especially the way the angle is so easily identified by the slightly larger combed edges that form the angle to shave with ... kinda like the Personna Glydex, but not as rigidly pronounced.

Use a shallow blade angle, great shaver, love mine,... same shave as a Single Ring.

Back
Top Bottom