Closed UK Pass Around: Bunny Razor V3 - Finished.

First, a bit of background. After throwing £thousands into this particular money pit since 2011, I no longer collect and hoard. I buy, try and get rid of anything that doesn't quite match what I'm after. I'm down to seven razors and can see myself getting down to a mere two or three in the near future. Currently, an Ever Ready 1924 and a Schick L1 would be shortlisted - make of that what you will. But I still have a few more pieces to test before I trundle down that path.

Onto my first shave report with the Bunny:

NOTSO comb/Chick blade (1)

Uneven blade holder seems fine. I didn't notice the blade moving.

The razor glides well across the face. Its hard to qualify what I mean by this but the razor actually felt 'modern'! Then again, I have been using a 1914 for the last ten days. The idea of minimising contact points with the face works well, especially with skin stretching, and the noise is quietly reassuring. Shaving the 'planes' (cheeks, neck) is joyous.

The handle is the right length and the smooth finish felt perfectly secure in wet hands. A big tick. The NOTSO comb seems to be well conceived. At no point did the shave feel noticeably mild or aggressive, so it clearly met the label.

The angle and size of head are slightly ungainly. I'm used to regularly dealing with one or the other... but not both. While the angle is relatively easy to find, it seems to require a more shallow angle than any SE I've come across. I'll have to see whether I enjoy adjusting to this.

One of the big plus points of injector razors for me is that they are nimble, intuitive, with good sight lines. The Bunny doesn't quite fulfil those criteria as other injectors do, for me, but perhaps it's supposed to be a different beast. It'll take some technique refinement on my part to get the shave I want around the contours of chin, jawline, and under the nostrils.

No irritation and the closeness of the finish is above average for a first outing - even on the trickier areas above. I'm looking forward to seeing how I adapt to the razor and judging whether I could live with it long-term.

Premature impressions? 8/10. A refreshing design but not quite a game changer. Yet.

Sacrilege to some, but I'm thinking of giving the Bunny a go tonight with Noxzema foam. I often use an injector this way when I want a fast but reliable shave. This never provides me with any trouble and, objectively speaking, could well be my most 'sensible' shaving set-up.

I'll stick with the NOTSO comb as, although it's a new-to-me razor with a 'lesser' lather, it'll have two days of stubble to cut through.

Fourth shave with the NOTSO comb this evening and I feel as though I am starting to get a feel for it. The four shaves have been consistent, close and comfortable. That amounts to a very good razor!

I didn't try the Bunny with the foam in the end but this week I'll experiment a bit with the different combs, lathers, amount of growth etc before the Bunny continues on its journey and I write up my conclusions.

Riverrun, may i join the list please?
Sure.

1. Nico1970
  2. Bechet
  3. globalm
  4. rowlers
  5. mpf9ret
  6. Burgundy
  7. Tall_Paul
  8. Boab
  9. Rufus Firefly
  10. Geofnay
  11. Sabre
  12. grarea
  13. missingskin
  14. Francorelli
  15. p.b
  16. UKRob
  17. barber bear
  18. Stacy555
  19. mikebrownington
  20. Holyzeus
The list is open.

Legend: Waiting, On the way to, Currently with, Completed

I tried the raffle Bunny with a Japanese Schick Twin blade today.
It was quite tricky to get it in, but I eventually managed.
I used the MILD comb and all I can say is:
Whoa!
Recommended.
I have used the Single & Twin Japanese Blade on the "notso" comb,and did not think the shave quality achieved with the Twin compared with that of the Single , justified the extra cost .

The last two shaves have been with the MILD comb and using Noxzema foam. Both were absolutely trouble-free! That proves to me that the Bunny can be used for a quick, bleary-eyed shave as well as more luxurious evening and weekend shaves. The ability to change combs makes it an all rounder - although I suspect that the NOTSO comb would be perfectly 'safe' to use in the above context. In that sense, I understand those calling for a milder MILD comb to differentiate it further from the NOTSO.

I'll have my final shave tomorrow evening with the WILD comb (and soap and brush) before sending it onto @Tall_Paul at the weekend. At that point, I'll attempt a more thorough review.

I have used the Single & Twin Japanese Blade on the "notso" comb,and did not think the shave quality achieved with the Twin compared with that of the Single , justified the extra cost .
That's as is it may be. For me the Japanese singles would incur extra cost, as I don't have any yet. :p
If the Japanese singles are just as good they'll go on my shopping list.

Back
Top Bottom