6 Nations 2013

pugh-the-special-one said:
A good solid performance from Wales, I've never seen an Italian scrum so comprehensively destroyed by any team, our under twenties are looking good and the grand slam is still on, I'm tipping Wales to beat Scotland and then there's the small matter of England. :icon_biggrin: I expect a few changes in the forwards before we play England, I wouldn't like to call that game they are two good teams but I would say on paper Wales are the best team, I'm just so annoyed we played so poorly against Ireland but we do seem to be getting back to where we were 12 months ago.

Jamie.

On paper, Wales have the best collection of individual talent, but what England proved yesterday is that they are the best team in the tournament. France nearly destabilised them, but they stuck to a game plan and worked superbly collectively. Of course, Wales could beat them, but I'd argue that Wales are neither the best team, nor are they anywhere near as good as last year.

It was even worse than usual, the principle commentator suddenly took ill so Davies took over the main commentary with Shane Williams.

I realise Davies keeps getting the gig because his once teenage sweet heart wife is worm food but he has since remarried, jog on boyo.

Like Jamie, I'm on the wall at the moment regarding the outcome of Wales/England. On Saturday's performance England will have a very hard time up front and I put a great deal of the blame with the selection of Laws at 6. Cole had a really rough time and my paper picked up on this but to my mind a lot of the problem was with Lawes whose body angle in the scrum was completely wrong. It was noticeable that when Haskell came on, Robshaw switched over and the English scrum was far better. Even the gamble of selecting Lawes to beef up the line-out didn't work so let's hope the experiment has been binned.

Personally I still have doubts about Marler as well. I appreciate that he is a back up to Corbisero but I can't make my mind up as to whether he has ability but lacks experience or is just not up to it.

Anyway, my prediction is that the outcome against Wales could well spring from the two packs.

UKRob said:
Anyway, my prediction is that the outcome against Wales could well spring from the two packs.

Exactly where did you get your Hons. Degree in Stating the Bleeding Obvious, Rob?

I'm also much impressed with the ease with which you put "my prediction" and "could well" in the same sentence.

This thread is the first time in decades that I've bothered with following a sports 'discussion' and I believe I have a handle on what so pisses women off about it.

Bechet45 said:
UKRob said:

Exactly where did you get your Hons. Degree in Stating the Bleeding Obvious, Rob?

I'm also much impressed with the ease with which you put "my prediction" and "could well" in the same sentence.

This thread is the first time in decades that I've bothered with following a sports 'discussion' and I believe I have a handle on what so pisses women off about it.

From the same place that I learned how to balance on the fence.

Anyway, where did you become such an expert on women? Last I knew, you couldn't hold on to one.:sleepy:

UKRob said:
Anyway, where did you become such an expert on women? Last I knew, you couldn't hold on to one.:sleepy:

So you know less about me and women than you do about rugby then. Seems to me only the insecure want to "hold on to" another person. And who needs to be an expert to know that most/many women are turned off by male sport 'discussion'? All you have to do is shut up and watch and listen.

Pugh-the-special-ones Lions watch, I'm starting to add a few players who I think will be dead certs for the British & Irish Lions tour, first up without doubt Leigh Halfpenny hasn't missed a tackle in the six nations since 2011 what a stat, next up tualagi the English center big impact player, Adam Jones the Welsh tighthead still the best number 3 in the world. young Farrell the English number 10 great youngster going to be around for a very long time, and yes old Man river O'Driscoll he will be on the plane I'm certain, I think the most difficult task will be trying to pick backrow forwards, there are to many superb players playing for all the home nations and Ireland, I need to see a few more games before I make my final choice, but in the mean time why don't you add a few.

Jamie.

Bechet45 said:
UKRob said:

So you know less about me and women than you do about rugby then. Seems to me only the insecure want to "hold on to" another person. And who needs to be an expert to know that most/many women are turned off by male sport 'discussion'? All you have to do is shut up and watch and listen.

Carl, stop being a jerk. I posted what I considered to be a perfectly reasonable comment and didn't ask for your smart-arsed response. Nevertheless I tried to answer back with an element of humour which you appear to be unable to see. Quite frankly I don't give a shite for your opinions on me, rugby or women. Maybe you would be better advised to go back to your default position of not joining in these discussions.

Re: RE: 6 Nations 2013

UKRob said:
Bechet45 said:
UKRob said:

Carl, stop being a jerk. I posted what I considered to be a perfectly reasonable comment and didn't ask for your smart-arsed response. Nevertheless I tried to answer back with an element of humour which you appear to be unable to see. Quite frankly I don't give a shite for your opinions on me, rugby or women. Maybe you would be better advised to go back to your default position of not joining in these discussions.

Shall we just stick to the rugby, no point in falling out over a game played by men with a funny shaped ball ;)

Lose the beard said:
Shall we just stick to the rugby, no point in falling out over a game played by men with a funny shaped ball ;)

I didn't realise you had to have a funny shaped ball in order to play. Is it just the one that has to fit this description or both?

Re: RE: 6 Nations 2013

UKRob said:
Lose the beard said:

I didn't realise you had to have a funny shaped ball in order to play. Is it just the one that has to fit this description or both?

Both need to be a funny shape, then if one gets damaged in the ruck you have a spare ;)

Adding another to Jamie's Lions list - surely Chris Robshaw deserves to be on for his leadership qualities and work-rate?

I'd also suggest Stuart Hogg, as he's a great talent IMO and it demonstrates that I'm not just suggesting an England player!

Lose the beard said:
UKRob said:
Lose the beard said:

Both need to be a funny shape, then if one gets damaged in the ruck you have a spare ;)
Stop this at once! I am wincing even as I type.....:icon_eek::icon_cry2:

chrisbell said:
Adding another to Jamie's Lions list - surely Chris Robshaw deserves to be on for his leadership qualities and work-rate?

I'd also suggest Stuart Hogg, as he's a great talent IMO and it demonstrates that I'm not just suggesting an England player!

You'd be wasted as a science writer, top insight picking the likely winning captain and current leading try scorer.

Back
Top Bottom