6 Nations 2013

antdad said:
chrisbell said:
Adding another to Jamie's Lions list - surely Chris Robshaw deserves to be on for his leadership qualities and work-rate?

I'd also suggest Stuart Hogg, as he's a great talent IMO and it demonstrates that I'm not just suggesting an England player!

You'd be wasted as a science writer, top insight picking the likely winning captain and current leading try scorer.

Fair enough, Tony, they may not be the most dazzlingly insightful choices, but they weren't on Jamie's list (presumably as neither is Welsh:icon_razz:), so they met the criteria. Or was that actually praise, and, being so unused to it coming from your good self that I mistook it?

pugh-the-special-one said:
Come on Scotland. :icon_wink:

LOL - I'm sure you're happy with the result, Jamie, but that was a bloody awful match. Scotland's lack of discipline and the referee managed to ruin it. Just occasionally, a game of rugby threatened to break out, and it succeed for the last five minutes, but, by then, it was all too late.

You are right there Chris, bit of a poor spectacle from a spectators point of view, the Wales forwards seemed to be totally in charge, Scotland should have had at least two yellow cards, I honestly felt Wales didn't need to get out of second gear for that game, but we have the result and the ending we wanted next week the two best teams England and Wales both playing for something, I would think England will beat Italy handsomely and have enough points to take the championship but not the Triple Crown or Grand Slam, game on.

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
You are right there Chris, bit of a poor spectacle from a spectators point of view, the Wales forwards seemed to be totally in charge, Scotland should have had at least two yellow cards, I honestly felt Wales didn't need to get out of second gear for that game, but we have the result and the ending we wanted next week the two best teams England and Wales both playing for something, I would think England will beat Italy handsomely and have enough points to take the championship but not the Triple Crown or Grand Slam, game on.

Jamie

Maybe LOL. I have a horrible feeling we're going to be surprised by Italy, though. I feel sorry for Ireland, though - were all their injuries just bad luck, or were the French targeting them in order to deliberately inflict injury? Didn't think much of the TMOs decision WRT to the attempted Earls' try - I didn't realise that shoulder-charging was allowed?!:icon_rolleyes::mad:

Go on the Welsh! I remember having a semi-drunken chat with a Welsh fella in the Guildford (pub), in Edinburgh years ago. The Scots were favourites for the game and duly won but I forget the score. Anyhoo, this fella say's he don't care too much if Scotland win just as long as we go on and beat the English. That was a magical day, made by some fantastic Welsh folk who left a lasting impression on me. Now I'm thinking about those marvellous Edwards of Conwy pies!

Anyhoo said:
I would imagine the players and team management are well past this mindset now and concentrate on all opponents equally. It seems to me it's just the usual tale of supporters hoping to bask in some form of reflected glory if their team beat the dreaded English. I would and could go on but I'm in danger of using bad language.

Getting back to the point - this must rank as one of the most disappointing competitions in recent memory. There really hasn't been a great deal of outstanding play - and apart from Italy beating France and the Irish withstanding the second half comeback from Wales, I'm not sure I'll be able to recall anything to date in a couple of months time.

I'll remember brave Scottish resistance in the face of an Irish onslaught and holding out for victory against the odds.

I also remember basking in the shining, almost blinding glory when against the odds, Scotland took a slow walk to a famous victory nearly 23 years ago. Watched it in an Englishman's house after being invited in and was nearly thrown out at the end by the bad tempered old git! Funny when I think of it as a Welshman still lives in between. Alas, where has that time gone?

That's 50 minutes of my life I'm not going to get back (couldn't watch any more), turgid stuff with an iffy ref and Wales should have really won by more.

I agree with Rob besides the first round it's been effing awful.

Based on those psots, you've saved me a bunch of time, thanks, guys. Having missed all yesterday's games, I expected to be pushed for time today but now I can relax. This really has been a disappointing seriesd, has it not?

Bechet45 said:
Based on those psots, you've saved me a bunch of time, thanks, guys. Having missed all yesterday's games, I expected to be pushed for time today but now I can relax. This really has been a disappointing seriesd, has it not?

I reckon the first weekend was superb, but the quality of play seems to have decreased as the championship has progressed. Mind you, the Scotland vs. Wales match was never going to be any good, thanks to the referee.

Back
Top Bottom