A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

I got mine yesterday and couldn't wait so used it last night for my shave. This brush is excellent, definitely up there with my other badger brushes. The only synthetic I used before this was the Kent Infinity and the Frank Shaving brush is a lot better IMO. The Kent was on the small side for me and the big handle and knot of the FS brush suits me better. The tips are lovely and soft and it performed beautifully when I faced lathered with Cella last night. An excellent brush which I would recommend to anyone, not just fans of synthetic brushes.

Ordered it earlier tonight. Made him an offer at the eBay store and he accepted it within a couple of hours. Offer was below $50 for the 28mm knot 4th gen one.

Will post comments when I receive it, don't think it will replace my No. 48 but there is always enjoyment in trying out new things.

+1
I just made a similar offer to K and one of these is on its way to me.
I have come to like my Muhle v1 and I am sure that I will enjoy this one too. For a frequent traveller, these brushes are simply excellent.

MrK1 said:
Just bought one as well.
Anyone know if there will be any customs charges on these?

Thanks

I was ok but don't know if I just got lucky or not. You won't be disappointed with the brush. It's magnificent.

Re: RE: A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

I was ok but don't know if I just got lucky or not. You won't be disappointed with the brush. It's magnificent.
[/quote]

Looks like I made a good choice then.
As a newbie, I only have a Vulvix 404 to compare it to.

How long did it take to arrive?

MrK1 said:

Looks like I made a good choice then.
As a newbie, I only have a Vulvix 404 to compare it to.

How long did it take to arrive?
[/quote]

It took about a week and half to arrive.
I find the 28mm knot a joy to use as I love big brushes.

GDCarrington said:
To many people, the answer is no. There are large brushes than that on the market that are used and enjoyed all the time.

I wasn't taking about people and their enjoyment, I was talking about practical application. Does it do anything a 23-24mm knot cannot time/performance wise?

Helveticum said:
GDCarrington said:
To many people, the answer is no. There are large brushes than that on the market that are used and enjoyed all the time.

I wasn't taking about people and their enjoyment, I was talking about practical application. Does it do anything a 23-24mm knot cannot time/performance wise?

It accomplishes head lathering quicker than using a smaller brush and it also has greater product retention (based on size) for use on greater surface areas without having to reload.

Dipesh said:
Knot size is a personal thing. As they say over on the other board, YMMV.

I've ordered one now too!

Me too... It'll form a major constituent of my travel kit. I have another Frank Shaving brush and it is an excellent performer.

Dipesh - we seem to be keen on the same bits n bobs!

Jon

just pulled the trigger on the 28mm version
was surprised he accepted my low offer
my 1st non badger/boar brush
hope its as good as they say
any tips for me dipesh !!!!

I'm still learning it to be honest mate.

I'll get something up once I've got a system that works for me consistently.

It is a great brush though in the little use I've had.

Back
Top Bottom