A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

Quick question....

Just made an offer on one of these on the bay. Only afterwards did I consider the customs charges etc....

Was anyone else stung for these when ordering?

I didn't. I've had two packages from Frank Shaving and neither attracted any interest. In fact, as I think about it the only originating country that ever seems to provoke a charge is the US. I've had items delivered from all over and it seems to be the USA stamp that fires the man from the Post Office into action....

I think you'll be happy, with the brush. I am very pleased with it. It's my go to brush now whilst travelling (which is three or four nights a week, every week, so it gets a fair amount of use).

Good luck with delivery...

Jon

Thanks both of you. I made a fairly low offer (I think, I wasn't sure how far I could push it and still be accepted!) and it's been confirmed already, and payment has been made.

My first synthetic. I was lead to believe I'd have one for my birthday, as SWMBO didn't want me spending out on a Kent Silvertex infinity, when in reality she hadn't already bought me one :mad:
I think I'll keep this one under my hat :icon_razz:

I hope I don't get charged, I checked a calculator for duty and VAT and that, and was looking at nearly 42 quid all in, but it's the bastard handling fee I would hate!

Another question... Fast or slow delivery?

God sake, I've just realised everything I've asked has been answered above. Ignore me, please. Using tapatalk I've set it to skip to the latest post and thusly missed the questions asked previously. Sorry gents.

ok then...whats the lowest offer someone has offered...pm me with details if unsure about posting

i might try a one lower than a snakes belly

A quick question to the forum:
I just received this brush and it's backbone is much more than I had thought.
The knot is immovable about 1cm from the base and as far as I can see it's impossible to apply lather in circular motions.
It's impossible to splay the knot without applying quite some force. I am very surprised with its firmness.

For anyone that has this brush, is this your experience too? Or do I have a defective brush that may have too much glue?

They have big glue bumps. I use mine in circular motions. Just takes a bit of practice to get the brush to splay. A bit of extra water helps.

Re: RE: A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

n1vlo said:
ok then...whats the lowest offer someone has offered...pm me with details if unsure about posting

i might try a one lower than a snakes belly

Are we allowed to post how much we offered?

I just shaved with it. Dipesh, as you say, it is possible to apply lather in circular motions but it takes some effort.
This brush is definitely not what I was expecting. I know it's a big knot but its backbone is so strong, it lifted flakes from my puck of MWF!

How are these with cream? Are you all soap users? I have a budget EJ Badger brush that's OK, looking for something softer that lathers well with creams. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom