A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

Mine has just arrived. I got a stand, another free brush (which doesn't look great TBH) and a styptic pencil bearing the instructions 'wet and pass onto the interested area'.

Gave it a quick run out using my scuttle and a piece of Klar Kabinett. Very, very impressed at how quickly it generates lather. I shall give it a proper go later.

I could be waiting a while then. Ordered mine on the 8th, the tracking currently shows NULL- PEK which I'm led to believe is the airport which it will make it's way here from.

Tall_Paul said:
Mine has just arrived. I got a stand, another free brush (which doesn't look great TBH) and a styptic pencil bearing the instructions 'wet and pass onto the interested area'.

Gave it a quick run out using my scuttle and a piece of Klar Kabinett. Very, very impressed at how quickly it generates lather. I shall give it a proper go later.

When I received mine, I also noted the words, "wet and pass onto the interested area." That did make me laugh for a moment. :D

Have just used it in anger and the only words I can use are 'Wow'!

IMHO it knocks the Muhle V2 into a cocked hat. I like the Muhle, but it doesn't compare to this. Not sure if it's down to the density of the knot (which is a bit of a monster) but the lather it produced when I lathered a piece of KK in my suribachi was superb.

Very impressed so far.

Tall_Paul said:
SmallBeard said:
Heh, I feel stupid for offering $47 now, but I will be happy with the brush I think anyway.

Why do people ever use a best offer option, surely no one will ever pay the full BIN price?

I offered about that too. I would have offered $40 if I thought he'd accept it!

I guess the margin on these must be pretty big. Wonder what the lowest offer is he's accepted?

He accepted $39 before shipping for the one I got but would not accept my first offer of $35.

Tall_Paul said:
Have just used it in anger and the only words I can use are 'Wow'!

IMHO it knocks the Muhle V2 into a cocked hat. I like the Muhle, but it doesn't compare to this. Not sure if it's down to the density of the knot (which is a bit of a monster) but the lather it produced when I lathered a piece of KK in my suribachi was superb.

Very impressed so far.

The FS knots are denser than the Muhle knots. They do generate a lot of lather so you really have to remember to back off on the amount of product used. Another advantage of the knot being densely packed is the reduction of "doughnut holes" when wet. Too many fibers are available to prevent center spacing from becoming too large like in earlier Generation 2 brushes.

Helveticum said:
Where do you guys buy those? I only see a couple of 20mm ones on the bay currently.

You would have to go through their contact site since their website does not show all products and ask them if they have them available.

http://frankshaving.com/cn/contacts.asp

I gave this to some of the gents over at TSN and at least one has made contact and placed an order.

Received my brush today, but where it was shoved into the holder there's a section of the knot which won't rejoin the main body of the knot :(.

However the tips are very soft indeed. My test lather wasn't great, I need to give it more chances though. Still not amused with the state of the knot though.

SmallBeard said:
Received my brush today, but where it was shoved into the holder there's a section of the knot which won't rejoin the main body of the knot :(.

However the tips are very soft indeed. My test lather wasn't great, I need to give it more chances though. Still not amused with the state of the knot though.

Mine had two 'dents' in it too.

A wet, drying it off, then a comb sorted it out.

Thanks Paul, ill give the comb a go. The section was one side of the holder, while the rest was in the middle bit where it all should be, so it's really separated.

Lets see how that goes. Thanks :)

The comb seems to have improved the problem, but it still looks a little lopsided.

Also, did anyone else get the thick orange glue around the bottom of the knot? I am trying to add a picture from my phone on this tapatalk but apparently the forum has disabled image sharing from this app.

[attachment=8303]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376887358.714342.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376887358.714342.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom