A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

zero71 said:
How are these with cream? Are you all soap users? I have a budget EJ Badger brush that's OK, looking for something softer that lathers well with creams. Thanks.

Mate, nothing lathers creams like a good synthetic, have no fear.

I lather is circular motions. I think the key is to use more water (because more soap picked up?)

I have been face lathering with this brush and dip the tips in water prior to each and every contact with the face... I have copious lather, creamy, slick, cushioning....

Excellent

True Jon, you need to readjust your technique because unlike natural hair synthetics don't hold any water inside the bristles. That's easy enough to compensate though, the rest is easier still.

I used the Body Shop Maca Root cream (tub) y'day.

Lathered well, used too much product actually. Second/third passes were ok, with the lathering appearing thinner (brush only loaded from the tub once, in the beginning). Face lather, of course.

The surprising thing at the end was that the knot took considerably more time to clean than with my other brushes. It's center was full with cream which kept generating thin lather as I was cleaning with water.

Not the most predictable of brushes by any standard, but certainly capable and interesting. My offer was $39.xx or $44.xx if I remember correctly, and was naturally accepted.

Tall_Paul said:
For those of you who have one, how long did it take to get to the UK from China?

cid_003c01c8eeb4380e14b0b298324aD3MD5181.gif

Re: RE: A New Generation 4 Synthetic Brush - Introducing the Frank Shaving Pur-Tech

Tall_Paul said:
For those of you who have one, how long did it take to get to the UK from China?

Mine took just over a week to arrive.
No custom charges, and it was sent tracked.

I offered $40.

Heh, I feel stupid for offering $47 now, but I will be happy with the brush I think anyway.

Why do people ever use a best offer option, surely no one will ever pay the full BIN price?

SmallBeard said:
Heh, I feel stupid for offering $47 now, but I will be happy with the brush I think anyway.

Why do people ever use a best offer option, surely no one will ever pay the full BIN price?

I offered about that too. I would have offered $40 if I thought he'd accept it!

I guess the margin on these must be pretty big. Wonder what the lowest offer is he's accepted?

I thought I was taking the piss.
I didn't expect him to accept it.

Did anyone else get a free brush like K did?

I thought he didn't send me one because of my low offer.

Back
Top Bottom