Acquisitions 1st April - 30th April

My Soap of The Gods Jared just came in! It smells amazing and she sent a sample and it smells amazing too! Will shave with it Sat or Sun, I reserved tomorrow for La Toja shave stick. I would sincerely like to thank my friend William for helping take the plunge!
chores016.gif

img_20160428_174456-jpg.101382

Still think I would prefer a cobra, but 200 is more than I would want too pay, I would prefer closer to 150
There still seems to be a big element of chance with the Cobra inn terms of quality. I used mine this morning with a blade that already had 4 uses in my Mongoose as I would not use a brand new blade in the Cobra. Performance is no better than the Mongoose I find but I can use the Mongoose much more freely.

There still seems to be a big element of chance with the Cobra inn terms of quality. I used mine this morning with a blade that already had 4 uses in my Mongoose as I would not use a brand new blade in the Cobra. Performance is no better than the Mongoose I find but I can use the Mongoose much more freely.
I've tried Feather Pro, Feather pro guard, Feather super and Dorco blades in my Cobra, with a steady hand I'm fine with all of them, the Supers need a little more attention though.
Mongoose intrigues me - the head does seem a little large though - one of the main aspects of the cobra is the slim head design, making it especially easy to get clean shaven under the nostrils.

I might have a rethink then as I've heard alot of bad about it recently. More than I have good

I might have a rethink then as I've heard alot of bad about it recently. More than I have good
Certainly I would not consider a private purchase for £200 on Ebay. If you do manage to get onbe from a known source at least you have the opportunity to return if it's no good.

Certainly I would not consider a private purchase for £200 on Ebay. If you do manage to get onbe from a known source at least you have the opportunity to return if it's no good.

Thanks for the advise. I quite like the look of the ATT SE head but the handle just is not doing it for me at all

Got delivery of a small order from ES today.
ATT slant top cap
Shavex 115 gr. Alum block

I bought a ATT 5 piece some time ago directly from Stan together with some ATT items that are not stock in Europe. For the heads I went for both Slant heads and one closed comb so I got one Slant top cap and one regular. As I have several custom handles I love to use with the ATT heads, I started looking for an extra Slant top cap to upgrade to 2 complete Slant heads.

ATT offers top caps individually, but with import fees, etc. that was not an option. Brian from ES was so kind to order a single top cap for me together with other stuff he needed from ATT.
As I would like to test some Alum rubbing as post shave treatment, I added a large Shavex Alum block to the order. With 115 - 125 gr. these blocks are quite huge. Really looking forward to give it a try.

A nice weekend to all of you.

Marco

Back
Top Bottom