Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

Omega 10098 ... the 'Big Boar'. I had one before and sold it off in a purge, something I didn't necessarily regret but I'm glad to have a new one in. I'm not shaving tonight, but I gave it a soak and first lather in MWF. Mounds of instant, thick and sumptuous lather! Love it!

5a447cea64d24a6aa27696f7453e8429.jpg

Got the Bayolea and Juniper Sling today, Juniper Sling from TK Maxx (£19.99 impulse buy) and Bayolea online. The Bayolea is a winner out of the box, I'll have to give JS a fair crack but my initial thoughts are its a bit to girly for me. These are both just out the box sniff tests though.

My first proper kamisori ...

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

The FEATHER rubber handle cover is not original. I'm sure of that.

It honed up easily enough. Very quick on the 1000 grit, perfectly flat up through 4000, 8000, 10K & 12K then finished with a quick polish 0.25µ diamond and stropped on rough suede backing then on the smooth side. The blade feels silky and seems to nip off hair without any effort given. I'm certainly looking forward to shaving with it.

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

It honed up easily enough. Very quick on the 1000 grit, perfectly flat up through 4000, 8000, 10K & 12K then finished with a quick polish 0.25µ diamond and stropped on rough suede backing then on the smooth side. The blade feels silky and seems to nip off hair without any effort given. I'm certainly looking forward to shaving with it.
Nice pick up

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

Nice one...o_O
Billy

Back
Top Bottom