Aquisitions nov 1- nov 30

Its arrived.....
No, not the razor I ordered weeks ago from Italian Razor the mild version of the fatip, but the Sseygus....
23260583852_1f7a7c2ae1_n.jpg

Shown without the head weight attached.

Got my hands on some, I suppose what you would call classic classic PAA Black Tea and a new heavier but shorter handle for my Mongoose. Looking forward to using both today. The soap is quite unusual but exactly what I expected it to smell like, if you know what I mean. Cheers Bryan!
61c8793df7e39cd4f542a9a8b81f8973.jpg

Well after taking a gamble,I came out trumps! (for a change) bid on this lot...£14 delivered....

c0zhkAj.jpg

Blade actually in good nick on both sides!,scales need replacing though...

BXYzNqQ.jpg

The one that got my interest was the bottom one,but more importantly,where it was made....

Ytrx0wr.jpg

Quite impressed,by the look of it the TTO just needs a good clean....

BP1PEaR.jpg

The pic I have spent the last week,zooming in on....Is that a 'D' under all that gunk?,I thought so hence a bid....
After a 15 minute hot bath in the ultrasonic.....
W8cOEo7.jpg

Result!,a made in England Flare Tip Super Speed!,and by the look of it,one of the originals too (not the TV version that I already have)....
7ISOVDc.jpg

Plating all good,so just needs a bit of spit 'n' polish!....Job done!.
Well 'appy!...:D

Being my first month of DE shaving, November has seen quite a few acquisitions as I build my collection from scratch.

Palmolive soap stick.
Wilkinson Sword brush.
Boots witchazel & tea tree cleanser.
Boots freshwood aftershave balm.
Large blade sample pack (from BST).
Steve Woodhead large suribachi shaving scuttle.

Last edited:
Guess what I FINALLY after 6-7 years of searching managed to get......?
_57%209_zpsp4vb7drv.jpg
[/URL]
_57%2012_zpsvbxhsmqd.jpg
[/URL]
_57%2015_zpsfmavk4rt.jpg
[/URL]
Thats right!,my most desired razor of all....An Eclipse Red Ring!....And an early one to boot!,the later ones had the 'sunrise' markings on the head,and this one also comes with a bakerlite case!.This one has a bit of minor plate loss on the 'bits' that go up and through the head,but apart from that it looks all good!,a lot of the early ones,apparently didn't have a 'red ring' painted in at all...So I am not to worried about that!.
I cannot described how happy I am to finally get one!,and seeing as the last one on the bay hit £250,with a huge chip of plate knocked from the head,and I just paid £130 for this one,with just a bit of brassing?...Gimme A Break!!!!!!
Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom