Are Supermarket Bought Soaps Any Good?

Gairdner said:
You grated ARKO? <faints at the very thought of it>

I'd rather lick Nora Batty's wrinkled tights! :D

The boots takes the edge off the smell and one and half stick filled a erasmic bowl perfectly

NotTheStig said:
But their shaving sticks are very good, just not found in shops I've been in. WWW.barberblades.co.uk was doing them for £2 delivered which is an excellent price

I got my last ones in a local chemist for 70p each if I recall correctly. I think all online stores charge a premium. My chemist was happy to order in for me.

That's the cheapest I've ever seen. Hunnymonster said recently the price had gone up a lot so if I were you stock up on them at 70p each! I've seen it for £4 in a few retailers

Here's a blast from the past, seems like a life time ago...

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=80006

Mr Septic Tank are you still with us? Channeling Mr ST...I can feel his presence, it's, it's sort of orange and furry.

Blyth Spirit said:
rum said:
IN short, anything Wilkinson sword, apart from their DE blades is rubbish. The bowl is especially bad as many have reported on these forums and elsewhere.

The Wilkinson Sword shaving stick - if you can find it - is as good as the Palmolive if not better. Erm, in my humble opinion of course.

Yes, I've heard good things about that... is it even available in Blighty?

I was generously gifted a bowl of WS. I use it in rotation or when ever someone writes(complains) about it. Use it in my Surabachi, lathers good, not really that bad to shave with.
Going to have to drag it out for tomorrow.

bought a boots bowl yesterady and for 3.05 its very good

by my work there is a very small boots and it stocks boots freshwood brushless shaving cream. i hadnt seen it before so not used as i dont really do the creams in a tube. however if anybody wants some but their boots do not stock it i can always get it to send on or trade for a stick of somthing different

NotTheStig said:
Read post number 7on this thread. Connaught also does it but I think you have to buy two

Ah, thanks for that. If there's one thing that Connaught does that I 'wouldn't mind', it's probably a Valobra shave stick!! :icon_rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom