Are Supermarket Bought Soaps Any Good?

hunnymonster said:
Yep... Always handy to keep some spares to hand :s

Now that's impressive! :icon_razz:

Boots shaving bowl is quite good, and Wilkinson and Palmolive sticks are awesome! Erasmic Supreme and Erasmic bowl are also good.

Erasmic, Ingrams and Real Shaving Co. creams are very good indeed (specially the latter), and very worth trying.

I used to use the Real shaving Co. stuff many moons ago but not used since I started De shaving. they are very cheap in BM Bargains so may have to nip and get some of it.

Used the Boots soap stick for the first time last week and very impressed with it as well. So easy to lather but did sem to dry me out a little more than the Palmolive. Well worth the money though and I'll get a boots soap dish one as well next time I'm in there.

Re: RE: Are Supermarket Bought Soaps Any Good?

oversaturn said:
hunnymonster said:
Yep... Always handy to keep some spares to hand :s

Now that's impressive! :icon_razz:

Boots shaving bowl is quite good, and Wilkinson and Palmolive sticks are awesome! Erasmic Supreme and Erasmic bowl are also good.

Erasmic, Ingrams and Real Shaving Co. creams are very good indeed (specially the latter), and very worth trying.

Completely agree that the Palmolive stick is to die for but the Erasmic stuff I've tried has been stunningly poor. Different strokes for different folks! :)

:rolleyes:
Gairdner said:
This one is very good.

ingram-shave-lather-JPeS.jpg

Perhaps I mentioned it before? :angel:

I'm onto it :rolleyes: located a chemist in Penistone that stocks it. Not been up yet. Checked online and it says £1.20 tube is that a good price ? Link to said chemist website below:
http://clarkschemistpenistone.cambrianalliance.co.uk/index.php?option=com_shopping&controller=product&pid=977389&Itemid=86

Interesting just been up 2 tubes on the shelf sticker £2.04 WHAT I thought ! I enquired at the counter and stated the online price. The lady said she would sell it to me for the web price £1.20 needless to say I bought both tubes ! "I'll tell the owner of the shop to look at the website she said"

Brian

think I paid £1.75 in superdrug for the Ingrams and I think that's a bargain so getting it even cheaper is a no-brainer.

Just started using it myself and I love the stuff.

Well to be honest I'm a big fan off cheap shaving creams off soap and the Palmolive classic shaving stick and there cream work really good.

As I live a border from Germany, I also enjoy Speick shaving cream, it really works great and Nice a shaving cream as well, as a matter off fact I think mos cremes and soaps do work quit well and most are under € 1 in Germany, only the nivea and Speick costs more.

I also grabbed an Wilkinson shaving cream in Germany, its below € 1 and smells Linda nice and works good as well.

So I guess the supermarket creams and soap are your best value.

i always check the supermarkets when i am abroad for the shave creams - i got WARS and Lider in Poland and picked up the Gillette Red and a tube of Lavanda in Portugal. They also had the Denim cream in Portugal but i held back from that. Of the 4 creams i picked up only the Lider Green disappointed - too much of a radox scent but performs ok.

Have not tried it in a while but picked up an erasmic bowl for £1.99 yesterday from local chemist

Glycerin based but produces a decent lather at that price very goid

782sirbrian said:
:rolleyes:
Gairdner said:
This one is very good.

ingram-shave-lather-JPeS.jpg

Perhaps I mentioned it before? :angel:

I'm onto it :rolleyes: located a chemist in Penistone that stocks it. Not been up yet. Checked online and it says £1.20 tube is that a good price ? Link to said chemist website below:
http://clarkschemistpenistone.cambrianalliance.co.uk/index.php?option=com_shopping&controller=product&pid=977389&Itemid=86

Interesting just been up 2 tubes on the shelf sticker £2.04 WHAT I thought ! I enquired at the counter and stated the online price. The lady said she would sell it to me for the web price £1.20 needless to say I bought both tubes ! "I'll tell the owner of the shop to look at the website she said"

Brian

It's great that you can find it in a local independent chemist. I always like to support the wee felly even with an inexpensive purchase. Helps keep them going and the Ingrams too.

Good to hear you're enjoying it, Griffo. Don't be feared to squirt just a little more onto the brush than you might with say a TOBS cream. Still good good value even doing it that way.

Superdrug never seems to stock it at the full £1.99 MRSP - usually £1.7x but I've bought it at £1.3x however, the best I ever had was 88p! Only three tubes left so the good old Mrs took all three.

I've given away more tubes than I've used, converting a neighbour and my brother to DE at the same time. Brother says to me last time I saw him, "Any of that shaving cream left?". "Bugger off and buy your own", says I but I did give him a new Trumper's coconut soap instead.

It was shavecraft on here that first put me onto it so I have him to thank for my favourite shaving product and Lornamead for continuing to make it in Britain in what are funny old economic times.

Back
Top Bottom