Barclays Premier League.

Up until this season if you'd asked me who was more likely to 'kick on' out of Southampton or Swansea I'd have gone for Swansea based on their free flowing attacking game. However when you look at money spent over the last 5 years, Southampton are 7th in the transfer league table with a net £60m compared to Swansea in 15th place with a net £19m.

Whichever way you look at it, you need lots of money to compete in the Premiership.

I want Liverpool to see it through now. If any Prem player deserves a Premier League Champions medal it is Steven Gerrard. I also think that Rodgers is a pretty decent chap. If not Liverpool than Man City - I like Pellegrini, he is a classy fellow. Please not Chelsea and the distinctly unpleasant Mourinho and John Terry.

As for Arsenal I think that Wenger's time is up and it is time for a change or at least time to plan for a change. Martinez is a comes across as a decent cove too. I wonder in The Glazers are looking at what he has achieved and thinking ... what if?

There is going to be a twist or two yet....

If I were a Liverpool fan I'd be very nervous that such a long winning streak has to come to an end at some stage. My money's on City to snatch it at the death.

UKRob said:
Up until this season if you'd asked me who was more likely to 'kick on' out of Southampton or Swansea I'd have gone for Swansea based on their free flowing attacking game. However when you look at money spent over the last 5 years, Southampton are 7th in the transfer league table with a net £60m compared to Swansea in 15th place with a net £19m.

Whichever way you look at it, you need lots of money to compete in the Premiership.

We've spent a lot of money to end up not competing in the Premier League. I'm not too bothered about who wins as long as it's not Chelsea. I suppose it would be good if it was Liverpool as they've been playing some great stuff and no one expected it at the start of the season, but then I remember what they were like the last time they were the best in the country.

Yeah us gooners are stumbling at the final hurdle, defeat at Everton has put 4th place out of our control and I fear we will miss out on that spot. The damage was done earlier this season however with the heavy away defeats vs City, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc. We just don't have the mental fighting spirit to compete against the top sides.

Wenger needs to win the FA Cup to have something to show but regardless of that its still a poor season in the Premier League. Why we never signed a striker in January I'll never know. Giroud as good as he has been in some games hasn't got that awe Thierry Henry had where he would score 25+ goals a season. Sanogo looks like he couldn't score in a brothel and needs more composure on the ball.

Would like to see Liverpool take the title over any of the other sides, they have been pretty consistent and Suarez has been different class. And also for the neutral. If I had a second team in the Premier league it'd be Liverpool.

Could go down to the final day this one. Another "Aguerroooo!" moment beckons...

Maybe you regular supporters already knew this but it made me chuckle - this season's best chant went to Man U supporters for their 'Louis Suarez your teeth are offside'.

The Mackem Shaver said:
UKRob said:

We've spent a lot of money to end up not competing in the Premier League.

According to one table, Sunderland were 8th highest spenders over the last 5 years with a net £50m - although the turnaround in staff must have been immense with £160m bought and £110m sold.

Man City top the list at nearly £500m. I was reading just this morning about Financial Fair Play and how City have declared millions of revenue from offering training and scouting services to other clubs including their Ladies team and a foreign club they own. Seems reasonable to me.

Re: RE: Barclays Premier League.

UKRob said:
Maybe you regular supporters already knew this but it made me chuckle - this season's best chant went to Man U supporters for their 'Louis Suarez your teeth are offside'.

Great chant but they copied the Swansea fans I think?

And the plot thickens... City and Everton both losing with only a few minutes to play in both.

Edit. City drawing... still be a good result for the Pool. Come on Sunderland.. hang in there.

As Chopper said, I reckon the most amazing job done so far is Pulis at Palace. They looked certs to go down when he came in, and are now 11th!

I remember when my team (Sheffield United) sacked David Weir earlier this season there were rumours we were courting Pulis and loads of fans were moaning about him being a dinosaur manager and a backward step of an appointment. Well, I bet there aren't many Palace fans moaning.

jaycey said:
Fido said:
Any see the Bale goal last night? Worth watching.

Brilliant.
We miss that so much down the Spurs :icon_cry2:

That will ruffle Ronaldo's finely fettled feathers no end!

See 0:16. Tbf JC I watched Ronny quite carefully post match and he seemed genuinely congratulatory and warm towards monkey boy, he's still very much a team leader/player.

See Busquets dropping to his back and holding his head in his hands knowing full well the game is over.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMTnnBUnqM[/video]

Great goal, more about the run than anything, but he can do that across long distances, he sprinted from the half-way line and it looked like he had lost the ball when he nudged it past the right back, but he has so much power.

The only other player in the Madrid who could come close to matching him is Ronaldo.

Big up to the Palace too for doing us Gooners a favour, just gotta win our remaining games now!

Back
Top Bottom