Blatant enabling!

I got mine from the bay lots of sellers my soap was £4.50 with £3 shipping, I wouldn't shave with it but it leaves the skin and hair nourished as opposed to soaps that strip. Scent wise I like it but I'm a fan of musky scents

Just in case you guys misunderstood me, I've read my OP and I suppose it is a mite ambiguous if you are of a certain mentality/mind set. To be clear - I find that my shaves have improved since I started showering with Aleppo soap. I use shave creams and soaps to shave. I shower with Aleppo soap and it has improved my skin condition and the quality of my shaves - but I don't shave with it. I shower with it.

I mean - sheesh - the lather is nowhere near enough to shave!

anotheruser said:
I bought mine from THIS SELLER on ebay.

After using it today, I am not convinced. It wasn't the cheapest I could get it and I am not a huge fan of the scent but it did create a lot of suds. Wasn't very good for shaving but I didn't really try either.

Personally, I wouldn't be buying again.
I have about 12 bars of Buttermilk soap to use, plus others I have bought for the lady friend. I don't think I will need to buy soap ever again as I use antibacterial hand wash for general use and shower gels in the shower!

i got some of this exact brand of soap about two years ago after seeing the S.O.T.D posts from member "Slow Shaving", sent him a PM and he explained all about Aleppo Soap.

i don't think this is the best brand out there, whilst my skin felt great whilst i was using it and it helped combat the dry skin around my nose slightly, it took ages to get a good lather and the smell was just RANK !!!! eeergh !!! :s:s:s

now i just buy a load of Goat Milk Glycerine M&P soap base and add some Castor oil and Olive oil and other oils and butters to it along with Fragrance and make my own 200g bars of bath soap.

No it's not a "natural" soap but it's creamy and moisturising and it can smell of whatever i want it to smell of, at the moment i am using a Synthetic Fragrance oil that smells like Paco Rabanne Homme. :icon_razz:

i used to sell soap on here but Financially it's not worth it so i knocked it on the head but my research means i now have a great soap and tons of it !!!

Hiya,

Recently I was all set to buy some of this soap.....had an ebay seller all picked out. For the hell of it, I did a little searching about the stuff and found out the fragrance was pretty weird. Musky you say Carl? Very light mix of various notes eh Nishy?

Heh, there's a thread over at the Big Forum about the scent. Eeeks. I am gonna take a pass.

Carl, you are a fargin bastich to try and enable me and others so blatantly. Kinda like you virtually waving those magical sticks at the readers.

I got some delivered yesterday from Aleppo Gold with 40% laurel oil. I cut a slice off, it is a lovely colour, caramel brown outside with a nice evergreen centre. The scent, erm, well it's interesting but I'm going to give it a chance because it left my face feeling really good after one face wash, but I did catch little whiffs of it throughout the afternoon. There is always strong cologne to mask it. ;)

Whaddya want it to smell of??? Whaddya expect??? It's full of laurel and olive oils so guess what? It smells of the middle east, olive and laurel - so I think musky is a fair description.

I love it for the lather and mainly for what it does for my skin - all silky and unblemished and feels nice to touch, I'm told. I like oud or aoudh perfumes and it makes a great base for them. L'Occidental is sitting very well with it today.

For the money, if you don't like yours for whatever reason, why not PIF it to one of our more timid and/or hard-up members?

dodgy said:
Carl, you are a fargin bastich to try and enable me and others so blatantly. Kinda like you virtually waving those magical sticks at the readers.

Aren't I though! But we can count some grateful readers, too!

Bechet45 said:
Whaddya want it to smell of??? Whaddya expect??? It's full of laurel and olive oils so guess what? It smells of the middle east, olive and laurel - so I think musky is a fair description.

I love it for the lather and mainly for what it does for my skin - all silky and unblemished and feels nice to touch, I'm told. I like oud or aoudh perfumes and it makes a great base for them. L'Occidental is sitting very well with it today.

For the money, if you don't like yours for whatever reason, why not PIF it to one of our more timid and/or hard-up members?

dodgy said:

Aren't I though! But we can count some grateful readers, too!

Mine came this morning, just used it and I like it, musky is spot on. Thanks for the heads up.

we can count some grateful readers, too!

Yes indeedly big bro Bechet. Obsessed as I am with soaps which are kind to my easily provoked skinny skin skin I indulged in a bar (should that be chunk) of this soap from Life & Home. It's first benefit is undoubtedly that it can even mask the scent of Arko shaving soap if you have both in the bathroom. For me whilst it doesn't lather remarkably well even in our soft water it cleanses just fine, leaves my skin feeling comfortable & works as well as a gymn bar on washing what is left of my hair. I like it & will happily keep a bar in the shower whilst I can afford it.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

the seller i bought from says it can be used as a shave soap and i suppose you could if you were stuck out in Syria w/o your beloved stash.

I'll just use it for shower and shampoo

I picked some up from eBay and it arrived yesterday. I had my first first shower with it today was happy overall. The smell is definitely not something that'll endear itself to me anytime soon but it seemed to work well. I did notice a little tightness of the skin at the end. But I can see how it works well as my skin does feel softer.

For me, its not something I'll be heartily recommending but I've definitely used worse soaps and gels.

After using it I'm really liking this soap. So I decided to google and read up on it. It's a big same as the troubles in Syria could send the price of this soap sky high, or even in the case of some makers disapper, as it's obviously seriously affected by the troubles there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22541698

Either seriously affected (which is easily believeable) or am I being overly sceptical in wondering if someone somewhere has a massive stock and would be happy to see its value increase on the strength of the rumour factory ?

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom