Blatant enabling!

Had some arrive today, 50% variety.

Huge block, had to use a hacksaw to cut off a piece, bloody hard stuff.

Scent reminiscent of underpants soiled with the lightest of skid marks... mild poo.

Not sure if me skin is any the better for it. I'll try a few more times over the course of the week.

jb74 said:
Had some arrive today, 50% variety.

Scent reminiscent of underpants soiled with the lightest of skid marks... mild poo.

Hmmmm, based on some previous posts I saw about the scent, I was fairly sure this stuff wasn't for me. Now though, now I'm not so sure. Gosh that sounds good.

Carl? Is that what 'musky' smells like?

I'm not in the habit of sniffing laundry, nor so soiling my jocks, have no idea about degrees of shit and so have no idea if soiled laundry could be described as musky. I very much doubt it, considering the volume of musky perfume sold.

For thousands of years, people have made and used this soap but that doesn't deny the poster the right to make infantile comparisons to soiled jocks. In so doing, however, the poster adds weight to my decision to leave him on my 'Ignore List'.

Good news the slightly red/brown outer skin of my a soap has disintegrated to show a green centre so no more doubts that I was accidentally shipped a block of crack, this is certainly Aleppo!

On a more serious note having now used it several times I can certainly see the benefit skin is softer more moisturised and same for my hair without an oily residue good stuff

LOL... ignored, wasn't aware of that... must have been the Heineken Cup thread :)

Good news the slightly red/brown outer skin of my a soap has disintegrated to show a green centre so no more doubts that I was accidentally shipped a block of crack, this is certainly Aleppo!

When I cut mine you could see via the profile the brown outer (roughly 5mm) and green centre.

I received my 3 blocks today.
I sliced off a chunk to give to a coworker who was interested. Very unique scent, can't wait to try it.
IMG_20140205_160058.jpg

Bechet45 said:
For thousands of years, people have made and used this soap but that doesn't deny the poster the right to make infantile comparisons to soiled jocks. In so doing, however, the poster adds weight to my decision to leave him on my 'Ignore List'.

Heh, take a few more meds and stop being a curmudgeon. I got a kick of that description, although it did tempt me to buy some soap like you did.

I am putting him on my 'follow' list.

Chill out Cap'n Musky,

Bechet45 said:
I'm not in the habit of sniffing laundry, nor so soiling my jocks, have no idea about degrees of shit and so have no idea if soiled laundry could be described as musky. I very much doubt it, considering the volume of musky perfume sold.

Sounds like one for the basenotes forum!

Mr_Smartepants said:
Very unique scent, can't wait to try it.

Please forgive me, I am a pedant when it come to qualifying the word unique. Something is unique or it is not unique. There are no degrees of unique. As I said, please forgive me.

Moving on, and trying to cover my anal tendencies, looks like a nice soap indeed.

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself and I know there will be some response, that I will have to take on the jaw.

Cheers,

Jon

How are people getting along with this soap?

I've been using it every day for the past week now. I have very erratic skin on some parts of my body which can flare up a wee bit from time to time (too much sugar or booze). Since I start using the soap my skin has cleared up noticeably.

I cut a fresh piece off the mega block this evening and still maintain that it stinks. This evening I smelt like a dead fish left lying in the hot sun for a few days. I wouldn't recommend washing your bollox with it on Valentines Day.

All in all I find it good for the skin care, but it can stink... especially when using a fresh piece. A few days use and it tones down to a t-shirt left in a drawer in a damp room for 10 years sorta smell.

How are people getting along with this soap?
[/quote]

I'm getting on great with it. SWMBO likes it too.

I've not noticed softer skin but it seems to make my hair softer. As for the scent, I managed to win two bars of Greek olive oil soap on ebay. Both have a similar scent.

Ya, I'm going to stick with it for a while. I don't use it on my hair or face as the whaff can be a tad too much afterwards but all in all it's good on the skincare.

I'd like to thank Karlos for the recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom