Blatant enabling!

I still like using the soap, my only criticism is that the soap has revealed a green centre (research clarifies that this is where the soap has not matured as much as the brown outer colourisation) and has shrunk to a third of its size in only a few weeks. Good on the skin as always

Northam Saint said:
This got me looking at other soaps on eBay. So I took a stab at two 125g bars of GREEK TRADITIONAL PURE GREEN OLIVE OIL SOAP PAPOUTSANIS and won for 2p plus £2.80 postage. The postage from Greece seems reasonable and the 2p BARGAIN !

I had found them too and have now got 6 bars from Marianna (all at 1p plus reasonable P&P) in the cupboard - this for the face and the Aleppo Gold for the shower - perfect. As for the scent - both these soaps are scent and additive free and therefore smell like the base constituent - processed olive oil. You can add your own favourite aroma to please your Valentine after washing by splashing on the after shave without clashing with the soap. This enabling is saving me so much.

BTW both Marianna's Olive Soap and the Gold work well as shaving soaps IMHO.

Shin Kei said:
Northam Saint said:
This got me looking at other soaps on eBay. So I took a stab at two 125g bars of GREEK TRADITIONAL PURE GREEN OLIVE OIL SOAP PAPOUTSANIS and won for 2p plus £2.80 postage. The postage from Greece seems reasonable and the 2p BARGAIN !

I had found them too and have now got 6 bars from Marianna (all at 1p plus reasonable P&P) in the cupboard - this for the face and the Aleppo Gold for the shower - perfect. As for the scent - both these soaps are scent and additive free and therefore smell like the base constituent - processed olive oil. You can add your own favourite aroma to please your Valentine after washing by splashing on the after shave without clashing with the soap. This enabling is saving me so much.

BTW both Marianna's Olive Soap and the Gold work well as shaving soaps IMHO.

I see Marianna has got any soap on at the moment so a further look on eBay showed up this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390665537564&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Now cinnamon is one of my favourites so I took a punt on it, £2.43 for two bars inc postage, brilliant !

I shall await your review of the Greek green soap on account of having stayed in an Athens hotel which provided green soap in the bathrooms. I have never itched so much in all my life before or since. The entire business group was the same. Beware the itchy green soap!

I'm usually immune to these types of threads but I'll admit that this one got me. Ordered two bars of 20% Soap D'Alep from an online supplier and took delivery yesterday.

I like it, the scent is unusual but subtle and not unpleasant. It's not drying either, unlike most soaps I've used. Having only used it twice though, I'll have to report back on longer term use and longevity.

I quite like the fact that it floats too.

Bechet45 said:
I shall await your review of the Greek green soap on account of having stayed in an Athens hotel which provided green soap in the bathrooms. I have never itched so much in all my life before or since. The entire business group was the same. Beware the itchy green soap!

Aft using it for a week I have to report I have not experienced any itching. The cinnamon version came the other day so that one will be up to try next.

Hm! I'm going to stick to tried and well known for a while. I've just given away a fortune's worth of soap having finally worked out what has been causing an allergic reaction in my eyes - after finally working out that it has been an allergic reaction and not infections. Good old Aleppo soap was the break in the chain that enabled (groan!) me to realise what was going wrong.

Currently enjoying the hell out of who-ever's Almond Soap - Richard's favourite - which I have -ahem! never used before.

Well, I haven't been using it for that long but I still like it. One side of the soap now has green showing through. As an experiment, I've also been washing my hair with it and it appears to work quite well. Anyone else tried this?

Exapno said:
Well, I haven't been using it for that long but I still like it. One side of the soap now has green showing through. As an experiment, I've also been washing my hair with it and it appears to work quite well. Anyone else tried this?

I've used it on my hair and found my hair which was course to be much softer now. Saying that for years now I've used bar soap for showering and my hair, it hasn't seen shampoo for a good few years.

I used it on my hair.
Was quite good but I didn't notice a significant difference.

Then again, I have so much shampoo and shower gel that I haven't needed to buy any in the last two years, and won't need for another two at least!

For the last couple of weeks I was using a bar of Feno, (cheap Portugese soap), during that time my hair went course. Back on the Olive Oil based soap this week, (cheap Greek stuff) and it's much softer. Looks like I'm going to be ordering some more. While it doesn't always smell as pleasant I get much better results.

Re: RE: Blatant enabling!

Northam Saint said:
For the last couple of weeks I was using a bar of Feno, (cheap Portugese soap), during that time my hair went course. Back on the Olive Oil based soap this week, (cheap Greek stuff) and it's much softer. Looks like I'm going to be ordering some more. While it doesn't always smell as pleasant I get much better results.

Hi there's a guy on b&b who says Feno smells just like Musgo Real. Do you agree with him, because Musgo has to be one of my favourite scents.

Back
Top Bottom