Cheap smellies........

I've slept on the Pash (it had obviously worn off by the mornin) and decided it's nice but not a daily wearer.

Conclusion. flip68 will let me know which one it is, as there are several versions, and as and when I get some, half of it will be for occasional use undiluted, as it were, and half will go into my Frankenpost-shave. It currently comprises Grapeseed, Castor, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Argan oils plus Bergamot, Sandalwood, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, TeaTree, Eucalyptus, Patchouli Essential oils, menthol crystals and a tiny spot of glycerine and a dash of Captain. Morgan's Rum. The Pash would sit nicely in there, I feel sure.:icon_twisted:

Hi stan, the sample i sent was the original aftershave. a lot of their products are hair tonics and the like. i agree, it's a bit much for everyday use but once in a while it's a good'en

DevonStan said:
.... my Frankenpost-shave. It currently comprises Grapeseed, Castor, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Argan oils plus Bergamot, Sandalwood, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, TeaTree, Eucalyptus, Patchouli Essential oils, menthol crystals and a tiny spot of glycerine and a dash of Captain. Morgan's Rum. The Pash would sit nicely in there, I feel sure.:icon_twisted:

That's quite a concoction you've got there Kevin.

Any plans to PIF a few 10ml samples to the boys in the interests of scientific analysis!? :icon_wink:

Nico1970 said:
DevonStan said:
.... my Frankenpost-shave. It currently comprises Grapeseed, Castor, Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond and Argan oils plus Bergamot, Sandalwood, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, TeaTree, Eucalyptus, Patchouli Essential oils, menthol crystals and a tiny spot of glycerine and a dash of Captain. Morgan's Rum. The Pash would sit nicely in there, I feel sure.:icon_twisted:

That's quite a concoction you've got there Kevin.

Any plans to PIF a few 10ml samples to the boys in the interests of scientific analysis!? :icon_wink:

That's a good idea. Am I right in thinking you just post a listing in BST? Thereafter I believe you allow a certain length of time (a week, maybe?) to get interested bods to state their interest then draw a name out of a computer based random code generator (or a hat) and post sample/ samples to the winners? Am only following the general pattern of Dave's recent PIF for noobs.

Recently I looked into sending a sample in a bottle and it got quite involved and the bottle constituted a "Small Parcel up to 1kg" but I now have three small plastic screw top containers which hold 7ml which Phil kindly sent some stuff in...so how about using those for the first three out of the hat and just stick em in a Jiffy bag with a "Large" size stamp on?

flip-68 said:
Hi stan, the sample i sent was the original aftershave. a lot of their products are hair tonics and the like. i agree, it's a bit much for everyday use but once in a while it's a good'en

Ta for that, Phil.

I make my own scents using some perfumers alcohol and oils bought from an online smell-a-like oil seller called Perfume Parlour.

Mix in a 50ml spray bottle. A 10ml oil topped with the perfumers alcohol gives a very good EDP. If you prefer a weaker EDT then use less of the oil.

I make up a few different batches and rotate during the seasons.

Channel pour Monsieur and Creed Aventus are my two personal faves.

That's fascinating, Stu.

Just clicked on the site...lots there!

Could you possibly make up an example list of an EDP with products you would use from their pages. Not quite sure if it's intended to use their sprays as a finished product or add them to your own 50ml spray bottle. Like I keep saying, just a bit of fun but I like the idea of messing about with oils and scenty stuff (technical terms there).

Hi Stan.

I only buy the oils so never used their sprays. Their sprays are the same as what I make up and are the 'finished' product. But I do know they are weaker than mine as I sent a few emails and if I remember rightly their mix is something like 5% oil compared to my 20%.

I am hesitant to recommend you anything as my taste will differ from yours. Best bet is to pick a few you are familiar with and get their version and see what you think.

If you really want to play then buy some essential oils and make your very own unique scent. There are lots of websites that will help you decide what goes with what. I am too lazy to go down that route so buy the smell-a-like oils.

I do like to make my own shaving products and have made a witch hazel mix, homemade pre shave oil, homemade post shave balm. Made a menthol mix and add a few drops into a shaving cream for a real strong menthol kick. Loads of recipes online if you are interested.

Thanks stuart...I'm a bit thick and can't quite see the products you might use...I see Roll on and Spray, which are presumably the finished product you've spoken about - but can't see the oil and perfume separately to make your own up. I was just asking if you could highlight the materials by way of a hypothetical example. Sorry about my lack of nous :)

Stan. Go for the roll-on. Basically it's the oil in a small bottle with a roll-on top. The top pulls off reasonably easily so you can decant it as needed into larger bottles.

Just read your thread on Vetiver fragrances. I bought the guerlain fragrance from the BST thread on here. It's a wonderful scent. Why not post in the BST thread to see if someone is willing to pass on a bottle if they don't use it anymore.

If you want to know more about the oils send me a pm so we don't hog this thread and take it too far off topic :)

AlexNoodles said:
Stuart,

whats the longevity/sillage etc you get from mixing your own?

Hi Alex

Not as good as the originals I would imagine but cheap enough to spray them twice a day if needed.

I do get compliments so the sillage can't be too bad.

I sprayed the Chanel one this morning at 630am and I can still smell it on me. Doubt that anyone could unless they got pretty close :)

Stuart

jb74 said:
Pash lover... no!!!!!!!

OK. The latest, and final report re. Pash.

Flip68 sent me some, which I tried...thanks Phil. I was determined to like it and initially did - it was...different, and interesting enough to think about buying. Fast forward to yesterday - attended usual barber for haircut and this time he finished off with a dollop of The Pash on the barnet. Initially I thought it was OK and asked him to get me a bottle for about £6

And amazingly I DID have a lady in a shop, of a "certain age", pass a compliment on the way I smelled...first time ever! And spent the rest of the day getting powerful whiffs of it. But have sent the barber a text asking him to cancel the order.....it was just too much.

So, for me, we're all done with the Pash and also no Jovan Musk, Quorum, Brut, Old Spice, Kocorico.

Thanks for all the suggestions...some (for me) were great, some weren't for me.

Haven't yet pursued Stuart's home made route. Still in shock re. the Pash :icon_smile:

Just about squeezes into the category :)

Not many places to buy in the UK though. I think I spotted the Windsor but was struggling with the 378.

I see it's spoken of on TSR a while back.

http://www.alpaproducts.hu/en/windsor.htm

Just received six of Milton Lloyds finest fragrances in the post. :)

6 x 50ml sprays are a shade over £18 delivered on Ebay (seller http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES)

The one that seems most outstanding to me is the one they call 'Spirit of Heaven'. It's listed as a smellalike for Thierry Mugler A*Men - which I have - and in truth, it's pretty close. For £3 for 50ml you wouldn't expect the earth but I reckon it's pretty close and worth trying.

'Success por Homme' is reasonably like Issey Miyake - which I have - albeit not so strong.
The others are 'Popcorn Boys' which is apparently like Lacoste Red. I don't know if it is coz I don't have the proper stuff but it's OK.
Ditto 'America Legend' which is apparently similar to Abercrombie and Fitch 'Fierce'.
Ditto 'Aroma di Jean' which mimics Armani Acqua di Gio.
The last one I ordered is 'Colour Me Silver'...don't know what it's supposed to mimic but for £3 it's OK.

You can choose from about 40 different smells and have as much or as little as you want of the different choices. For £18 delivered it's a bit of fun to see what they turn out like and they'll all get used as none are dreadful (IMHO).

If you do get any go easy when you spray it as the bottles are pressurised and it comes out pretty generously.

Back
Top Bottom