Cheap smellies........

Not even a whiff of Eau de fart

I'm a bit like the Queen...doesn't do that sort of thing.

Now, the Mrs on the other hand....................

Not tried Hai Karate, but am beginning to think I'm a bit peculiar on the old olfactory front.

joe mcclaine said:
DevonStan said:
The Issey MiyakeL'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme is in the dock awaiting final verdict but will probably stay even if the Mrs. does finish up with it.

I can't imagine a woman wearing that.

Ever.

You don't know my Mrs.

Oh dear Stan. Sounds like you like more expensive stuff, other than the Florida Water.

My nose is not at all refined, hence my liking the cheap stuff, but I didn't think the Rapport, when it first went on, was a million miles away from Kouros. Don't take my word for that, though. I'd be interested to know what others thought. Rapport can be had very cheaply.

I know one of the smell-alike companies does one like A*Men, but I've not tried it, so couldn't say whether it was any good. I've just had a look and Milton Lloyd do one called Spirit of Heaven Men.

Celtic67 said:
Oh dear Stan. Sounds like you like more expensive stuff, other than the Florida Water.

My nose is not at all refined, hence my liking the cheap stuff, but I didn't think the Rapport, when it first went on, was a million miles away from Kouros. Don't take my word for that, though. I'd be interested to know what others thought. Rapport can be had very cheaply.

I know one of the smell-alike companies does one like A*Men, but I've not tried it, so couldn't say whether it was any good. I've just had a look and Milton Lloyd do one called Spirit of Heaven Men.

It does make me sound a bit of a smellies snob, doesn't it? In truth I'm not usually that fussed about lots of things in life and get by by slumming it in cafes and pubs rather than designer restaurants. But obviously have a bit of a thing with lots of the stuff I've sampled. However, I honestly don't think I've like most of the dear ones I tried in shops lately either. At least there are a few that are good for me....and I still have a dozen and a half shaving soaps to fall back on :)

dont give up on the jovan musk stan. it took a while for it to grow on me- i bloody love the stuff now and probably get more comments about it than any other fragrance i use, from little old ladies normally though =( still nice to get a compliment!

I'll have a shave and give it a go. But you know I'm starting to get a reputation for getting something and turning it round within minutes... :)

Celtic67 said:

A remarkable three pound something including delivery !!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spirit-Heaven-Milton-Lloyd-50ml/dp/B009ZT7PUA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1426529050&sr=8-3&keywords=spirit+of+heaven

Who is Milton Lloyd? and how do they do that at that price INC. DELIVERY?

Nishy said:
Is there no love for A&F fierce? Superb scent and longevity

Don't think I'll buy anything more without trying it first. Any ideas who sells it? Didn't see anywhere local when Googling.

DevonStan said:
Nishy said:

Don't think I'll buy anything more without trying it first. Any ideas who sells it? Didn't see anywhere local when Googling.
I don't blame you, at 60ish quid its best tested, I think it would have to be an A&F store to be honest I got mine from amazon and finished it pretty quickly.

Nishy said:
DevonStan said:
Nishy said:

I don't blame you, at 60ish quid its best tested, I think it would have to be an A&F store to be honest I got mine from amazon and finished it pretty quickly.

Ta for that. Don't think there are A and F locally (will check though).

Tell me roughly how you find it compared to other stuff...difficult that it is.... is it sweet and cloying or sort of different to many of the ones you often see on the displays?

if jovan musk and old spice are not to your taste i would probably swerve the hai karate-it is in the same boat as those, superb performance but the smell is not particularly refined.

Noted with thanks, DD.

They have it in Savers so, next time I'm that way will stop by and have a sniff.

Don't forget the J.P Gautier Kocorico in Savers is still a tenner, fellas. Have got it on as we speak....The Mrs likes it - possibly more than I do, it's really strong, isn't it? I'll try to love it - just give me more time :)

DevonStan said:
Noted with thanks, DD.

They have it in Savers so, next time I'm that way will stop by and have a sniff.

Don't forget the J.P Gautier Kocorico in Savers is still a tenner, fellas. Have got it on as we speak....The Mrs likes it - possibly more than I do, it's really strong, isn't it? I'll try to love it - just give me more time :)

I don't really like Kokorico for that reason you've said. I might have liked it when I was 18!

Tall_Paul said:
DevonStan said:
Noted with thanks, DD.

I don't really like Kokorico for that reason you've said. I might have liked it when I was 18!

Have decided Kocorico is not for me. That's definite.

But it smells different on the Mrs. and she seems to like it - so problem solved...and it was cheap at a tenner. Maybe use it sparingly?

Back
Top Bottom