Cheap smellies........

DevonStan said:
Tall_Paul said:
DevonStan said:
Noted with thanks, DD.

They have it in Savers so, next time I'm that way will stop by and have a sniff.

Don't forget the J.P Gautier Kocorico in Savers is still a tenner, fellas. Have got it on as we speak....The Mrs likes it - possibly more than I do, it's really strong, isn't it? I'll try to love it - just give me more time :)

I don't really like Kokorico for that reason you've said. I might have liked it when I was 18!

Have decided Kocorico is not for me. That's definite.

But it smells different on the Mrs. and she seems to like it - so problem solved...and it was cheap at a tenner. Maybe use it sparingly?

I made the mistake of buying 100ml

It is certainly long-lived, and it doesn't smell bad but, for me, it's too IN YOUR FACE!

I prefer scents which are more subtle so someone across the room doesn't go 'what's that smell?'

The Cobalt turned up today. As is the practice hereabouts I showed it to ( and subsequently, squirted some on ) the regular postman who delivered it (from Amazon). It happens his favourite is Farenheit. The Cobalt is a smell-alike for that and he reckoned it was a fair likeness.

Not a fortune at £4.15 delivered. And, as always, the Mrs tried it out and would use it if it doesn't find favour with myself.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009ZUZK9C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Well, I just hope the postman's right, then. I've never used Farenheit so have no thoughts on the matter....but if he's wrong I'll write to the Postmaster General and get the fellow disciplined.

Fellow member flip68 is going to pop a sample in the post this week...looking forward to that very much and will report back in due course.

Stopped off at Boots....tried a couple of the posher ones....have come to the conclusion that there are loads I don't like, be it dear or cheap. I've listed those that I do and will try others as and when....but am not paying vast sums (i.e. nearly £200) for anything... given that there ARE a few that find favour and for which I'm grateful.

How does Benjamin's bay rum rate on the bay rum scale of goodness because through this thread I ordered a bottle. SWMBO reckons it smells like my earex and reckons a few drops will do my ear wax world of good [emoji3] I don't think bay rums for me

STOP PRESS !

Bryan, the postman's just been and flip 68 has done me proud...not only the Pash, but several others AND a couple of other goodies too.

flip, you're a Star of the finest realm.

You won't hear anything from me for a while...I'm busy sniffing :icon_smile:

I've been sitting typing, two fingered, a PM and you'll have it now.

Will report back here when the excitement of all those goodies settles down :)

Quick (ish) response as the time's getting on. Hopefully some of the points might get raised again.

Pash - Like it a LOT! Consider me strange and cast me assunder. UNCLEAN ! UNCLEAN !
ED Quinine ditto - A LOT - doesn't last on me for any length of time at all though.

C&S Cuba and C&S 88 - In love with both.....both so unusual. Wife hates em both, says the Cuba smells like dogs mess...I disagree with her on that point. I can smell tobacco, she just smells the dogs mess. (note polite terminology there). If they were £30 a bottle instead of £80 I'd get both.

WARS. Not sure what it is or where you'd get it but I guess it's After Shave not EDT / Cologne as it disappears in no time...but it's great when it's there. (where DO you get it from?).

Hai Karate - This is a mystery. I tried it in Savers today and couldn't wait to wash it off. But this Hai Karate smells DIFFERENT...is that possible? This one I like...the Savers one was not nice...(am I just mistaken and therefore utterly wrong, or could there be two sorts....seems unlikely?)

Another lovely gesture from a fellow member...So very many thanks.

(As I was going through the contents of the parcel and pawing them with delight and excitement, my neighbour opposite reversed out of his drive straight into my car and wrote a wing off...rather took the edge of things for a time)

On a different tack, I see that Gemstone has bucket loads of stuff. Have used them before and they were fine.

From their inventory I happened to spot some items that have been mentioned on this site several times. Not saying I'll get anything. But not saying I won't :)

Any observations on the few bits and bobs that I made a mental note of :-

La Toja Classic 150ml £6
Proraso AS 100ml £7 (various flavors)
Floid Blue (is this discontinued?) EDT £10
Two pack of Floid ...1 x Menthol and 1 x Suave £16 the two

Plus P and P.

Bad luck old boy on the car front. At least no-one was hurt etc etc.

In respect of the 4nr items at the bottom of your email, they are all pretty good but I wouldn't say they bring anything else to the party that you haven't already got though...

Yes, John....one of my father's quotes was "I'm not like other men". He wasn't noted for memorable quotes.... but that one keeps coming back to haunt me. Like father, like son.

And appreciate the thoughts re. the four last pieces, Martin.

Speaking of four last (and to prove the bit about not being like other men)......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaAorqR0ICk

Back
Top Bottom