Do you spin?

...your purchase maybe of further benefit...actors will often spin a key or the likes in their hand as they walk, as it can subconsciously facilitate more graceful movement. Sean Connery was a proponent of this, learnt from, if I recall correctly and I not - a Japanese choreographer. :)

Thanks. We'll see. I wanted to get a low-cost option to begin with to see if I even enjoy the concept and if it's something I'll use. If I absolutely love it...like some videos claim you will..and it even in some ways have changed their lives...I might look into getting a more 'premium' offering as I like nice, shiny metal things that are carefully made :)

I liked this guy and how he describes how it has helped him with everything from focusing, stress to nailbiting:

Thanks. We'll see. I wanted to get a low-cost option to begin with to see if I even enjoy the concept and if it's something I'll use. If I absolutely love it...like some videos claim you will..and it even in some ways have changed their lives...I might look into getting a more 'premium' offering as I like nice, shiny metal things that are carefully made :)

I liked this guy and how he describes how it has helped him with everything from focusing, stress to nailbiting:
You're on a slippery slope......$1000 spinners are on the horizon ! :)

...interesting take, the guys authenticity comes through. It made me think of worry beads or kombolói, the benefits of which are well documented. The spinner seems a modern take on same...

Psst...I found a vendor that makes really beautiful stainless steel, copper and brass spinner by hand.
To quote him "I want to make them for people that find it ridiculous to spend $200 on a metal hand spinner"
He is making them for $40-65 depending on size, etc. ;)
Nice! Do they get good reviews? Who is it?

Liked the video. Great to see the positive impact they have... Mine should be arriving tomorrow hopefully! If royal mail do the job!

Nice! Do they get good reviews? Who is it?

Liked the video. Great to see the positive impact they have... Mine should be arriving tomorrow hopefully! If royal mail do the job!

Do post pics!
It's a guy here in the US. Trying to get an understanding of how he sells them..I'll let you know what I can find out

Ha, you're just so connected! Definitely post up more details as and when... Hopefully I'll be posting some pics tomorrow :D

Ok, got one ordered as this was by far the least expensive all metal hand-made spinner I could find and I rather like the look of it. For $65 / £53 incl shipping I decided to take a leap of faith that I'll like it...
(He ships internationally as well at cost)

Here it is w/out the inner bearings insert installed;
caspin1_zps7eophbia.png

The engravings are the California state map ( ;) ) and the crossed arrows signifying friendship.

This is what this model looks like finished;
caspin2_zpsv7uvxdl5.png

He uses Bronson G3 steel bearings instead of the hybrid ceramics many high-end makes use. Supposedly he claims it works as well or even better but at 25% of the cost. We'll see.

There is a number of models ranging from small square spinners to various length rectangular ones (to fit smaller or larger hands) - some with holes, etc. Prices range from $45-65

How does one get one?
The guys's name is Christopher and has an instagram feed here where you can see his designs and videos showing how they spin. He makes these spinners on the side in his machine shop and tried to post a few for sale every week. It's a first-come-first-serve setup where you stalk his account and post a reply if there's one that strikes your fancy.
He only sells to people who doesn't already have one of his creations which I think is admirable.

I really hope I like this spinning thing..or I now have a $65 paperweight...

Update: Christopher just finished my spinner and sent me this video of it before it goes into the mail:

Last edited:
Fidget Toys,

A wee bit of my background over the last year. We have 3 children two girls and a boy in the middle. When he turned 3 / 4 we noticed he was having major meltdowns over the slightest little thing. This led to his room be completely trashed and wrecked. Nothing could bring him out of it, we had to allow him to go through the process sometimes 3hrs worth.

At school we noticed he didn't want to go in, and again this led to him being tearful and upset. Which as a parent doesn't stand you in good stead for a busy day in the office. We decided to make a referral to CAHMS (Children Adolescence Mental Health Service) and in November last year he was given a diagnosis of ASD (Aspergers). We didn't see that curveball coming. My main concern was what is life going to be like for him and we were advised although he may have high anxiety levels and may no be able to articulate his feelings, has a meltdown in new situations, refuses to do activities, he should do well in life.

He loves building Lego and anything that has intricate detail or simplistic for that matter. In terms of employment for him when he becomes of age we are looking at Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, CAD, Mechanics because all this involves attention to detail. My friend works for Rolls Royce, Aviation Section and he said most of the HR issues that come from his team are the ones who are ASD, and the grief they cause the Creativity Team are endless, because quite simply put, they tend to dismiss the Creativity Team stating it cannot be done, because it is out with their sometimes, rigid thinking. I purchased ForeverSpin Spinning Tops and base like the one pictured above and he loves them. We have competitions to see who can spin the longest, the quickest, upside down, you name it.

Although I have contributed to this thread, I am amazed at the different Fidget Toys available from Kickstarter, and other outlets not to mention @Northam Saint (Pm on the way). If there is a way to reduce his high anxiety, to develop his creativity, and assist him to manage the meltdowns then hopefully this is the way forward.

Thanks @Darkbulb for the thread and all who contributed.

Fidget Toys,

A wee bit of my background over the last year. We have 3 children two girls and a boy in the middle. When he turned 3 / 4 we noticed he was having major meltdowns over the slightest little thing. This led to his room be completely trashed and wrecked. Nothing could bring him out of it, we had to allow him to go through the process sometimes 3hrs worth.

At school we noticed he didn't want to go in, and again this led to him being tearful and upset. Which as a parent doesn't stand you in good stead for a busy day in the office. We decided to make a referral to CAHMS (Children Adolescence Mental Health Service) and in November last year he was given a diagnosis of ASD (Aspergers). We didn't see that curveball coming. My main concern was what is life going to be like for him and we were advised although he may have high anxiety levels and may no be able to articulate his feelings, has a meltdown in new situations, refuses to do activities, he should do well in life.

He loves building Lego and anything that has intricate detail or simplistic for that matter. In terms of employment for him when he becomes of age we are looking at Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, CAD, Mechanics because all this involves attention to detail. My friend works for Rolls Royce, Aviation Section and he said most of the HR issues that come from his team are the ones who are ASD, and the grief they cause the Creativity Team are endless, because quite simply put, they tend to dismiss the Creativity Team stating it cannot be done, because it is out with their sometimes, rigid thinking. I purchased ForeverSpin Spinning Tops and base like the one pictured above and he loves them. We have competitions to see who can spin the longest, the quickest, upside down, you name it.

Although I have contributed to this thread, I am amazed at the different Fidget Toys available from Kickstarter, and other outlets not to mention @Northam Saint (Pm on the way). If there is a way to reduce his high anxiety, to develop his creativity, and assist him to manage the meltdowns then hopefully this is the way forward.

Thanks @Darkbulb for the thread and all who contributed.

Thanks for sharing your story Paul and best wishes to you and your family.
Another interesting career option for your son might also lie in accounting - especially auditing, governance compliance, etc. The benefits there is that it is extremely detail oriented - and there is no creative team to liaison with :)

Thanks for sharing your story Paul and best wishes to you and your family.
Another interesting career option for your son might also lie in accounting - especially auditing, governance compliance, etc. The benefit there is that there is no creative team to liaison with :)

He loves numbers. He will sit in the car and be very quiet not saying anything. He spoke to the Psychologist and told her he plays number games in his when out driving. He won't tell us what he is doing, which fascinates me what he actually is doing.

Is there any way to be notified when FidgetCraft drops some more of his Finger Spinners?

Now @Darkbulb I read your review of the Hobonichi 2017 and liked it. I was then set back £100 as I enjoy Journalling and went for a Midori TN with about 4 different notebooks, a new pen case, new pens, mechanical pencils, and erasers. I enjoy drawing Manga and in particulate eyes so thanks for that! I didn't go for the Hobonichi as

He loves numbers. He will sit in the car and be very quiet not saying anything. He spoke to the Psychologist and told her he plays number games in his when out driving. He won't tell us what he is doing, which fascinates me what he actually is doing.

Is there any way to be notified when FidgetCraft drops some more of his Finger Spinners?

Now @Darkbulb I read your review of the Hobonichi 2017 and liked it. I was then set back £100 as I enjoy Journalling and went for a Midori TN with about 4 different notebooks, a new pen case, new pens, mechanical pencils, and erasers. I enjoy drawing Manga and in particulate eyes so thanks for that! I didn't go for the Hobonichi as

I think FidgetCraft releases a batch close to every day at noon, PST. They tend to sell out w/in an hour or two after that...
"Easiest" way is prolly to just check in on their Etsy site around 12:30pm PST or so.

Journaling is great fun. I do love the Hobo and looking forward to using it next year as well :)

Back
Top Bottom