El Jefe SE razor

There is no way this was some sort of QC oversight. Just a couple of says ago, on this same thread, Darkbulb and I were sort of saying this about his ethics and reputation. Kind of ironic this is how it turned out. Maybe we jinxed the whole thing. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah his reputation doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about getting a positive reply to my inquiry - or a reply at all. But let's wait and see -maybe he surprises me :)

Even when he gets them perfectly correct I will not be purchasing one, he should have scrapped them or at least been up front about it and said more than there would be a few blemishes ....no way to do business , no way at all. Im wondering if Counnaughts saw them and said " we can't sell these " !!!
I'm sure after they see the stir they created, they will recall them with full refund. This is how a good business acts in a crisis. The customer is king.
I'll be buying one when they come out. It's a cheap introduction to modern SE shaving, only I'll have shaved about 100 times with the RX until this come out again.

There is no way this was some sort of QC oversight. Just a couple of says ago, on this same thread, Darkbulb and I were sort of saying this about his ethics and reputation. Kind of ironic this is how it turned out. Maybe we jinxed the whole thing. [emoji1]

Well I must say well done to you for taking it so well, as you say it shaves well and it just takes a bit of playing with to get it lined up but it would have left a nasty taste in my mouth knowing what had just taken place. Chalk it up to experience if you can't get a refund or don't wish to peruse it further. Ikon will never have me as a customer over this, but I expect that won't bother him much!!

Yeah his reputation doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about getting a positive reply to my inquiry - or a reply at all. But let's wait and see -maybe he surprises me :)

I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up with a refund and a full set of the Shavecraft lineup in a velvet lined, personally engraved chest. [emoji12]

I'm sure after they see the stir they created, they will recall them with full refund. This is how a good business acts in a crisis. The customer is king.
I'll be buying one when they come out. It's a cheap introduction to modern SE shaving, only I'll have shaved about 100 times with the RX until this come out again.
Yes, that's how a good business acts! :)

How can I find out about the history and business practices of Ikon?

Like with so many things these days its the online reputation that is derived from forum posts, recounts of conversations/dealings with the company, etc. A lot is surely subjective and maybe even deliberate negative sometimes so one does what one always have to - apply a bit of filter of what you read and try to derive an opinion/impression of your own.
No company is without flaws but some get more negative reports than others.

Yes, that's how a good business acts! :)

The only reason I think he MIGHT make a gesture in this is because IMO, his whole Shavecraft lineup has been aimed at a younger crowd with less disposable income. When he did this release, he completely ignored the main US forum that has been his biggest customer base for years, and only announced on Twitter and Facebook. It was a total snub.

I think that maybe a lot of the people who bought this are in that younger crowd, and this will piss them off not only because of the shoddy business dealing, but because $40 means more to most of them.

Maybe, and it's a huge maybe, he will make an effort in order to hang on to that demographic. He's already lost too much of mine. At least in the US.

The only reason I think he MIGHT make a gesture in this is because IMO, his whole Shavecraft lineup has been aimed at a younger crowd with less disposable income. When he did this release, he completely ignored the main US forum that has been his biggest customer base for years, and only announced on Twitter and Facebook. It was a total snub.

I think that maybe a lot of the people who bought this are in that younger crowd, and this will piss them off not only because of the shoddy business dealing, but because $40 means more to most of them.

Maybe, and it's a huge maybe, he will make an effort in order to hang on to that demographic. He's already lost too much of mine. At least in the US.

I hope you are right, he would be a fool to lose anymore paying customers, I hope he will do the right thing and refund everyone who asks and gives a huge apology on top. Time will tell.

I didn't. The whole thing didn't seem to gather much interest there in general. And NONE on DFS. Did you ever put up your review on TSD?

For various - and similar - reasons I don't post reviews on TSD or DFS anymore.

At the end of the day the El Jefe was a gamble for many of us. The lack of information about the material/manufacturing, the relatively low price, iKons reputation and the site disclaimer all should have really made us run for the hills.
In this particular case it might not have been the most successful gamble but we'll see what the future holds.

Maybe the razor will have some collector value in years to come. "The rare, flawed El Jefe v1. Almost impossible to find these days . BIN $175"

Back
Top Bottom