El Jefe SE razor

News about the El-Jefe.
I have just been informed by a reputable source that the 2nd. batch will be delayed for several weeks, probably early next year, in order to solve production issues. Re tooling will be required.
There we go, it's probably the blade alignment issue as all the rest is good.

Tin foil hat safely on.
If he sold these at a sale price knowing about the manufacturing flaw that is ridiculous.
Contacting him next week about this and what will be done for us that bought these lemons and/or if the disclaimer on the page prevents replacement/refund

Tin foil hat safely on.
If he sold these at a sale price knowing about the manufacturing flaw that is ridiculous.
Contacting him next week about this and what will be done for us that bought these lemons and/or if the disclaimer on the page prevents replacement/refund

Somehow I doubt he will emulate Rockwell and offer to send free replacements. Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I finally get in on the ground floor of one of these.........

Tin foil hat safely on.

You could always raise a paypal dispute...

You could always raise a paypal dispute...

I think with the disclaimer, and the fact that the razor does work as advertised, albeit with a little hassle, would leave him in the clear.

The razor does give a good shave, and does look good on the shelf. It just has some assembly problems. I am not happy about it, but I am still going to use the razor. It's all good. (Even though I wish I would have waited..... [emoji12])

Tin foil hat safely on.
The disclaimer only mentions marks and blemishes so I think you should have if you wish a good chance of a refund .

You gonna try to do anything about yours or eat it?

I'm mostly fine with it. If he was willing to offer a refund, or an opportunity to buy a V2 bottom plate for an amount that would equal purchasing the revised model (whatever it ends up being sold at), I would do that. I just figure that I knew ahead of time doing business with Ikon is sort of an "at your own risk" kind of thing.

I think with the disclaimer, and the fact that the razor does work as advertised, albeit with a little hassle, would leave him in the clear.

The razor does give a good shave, and does look good on the shelf. It just has some assembly problems. I am not happy about it, but I am still going to use the razor. It's all good. (Even though I wish I would have waited..... [emoji12])

Yeah...sigh... You're prolly right...
I'll shave with it tomorrow and see how it behaves...

I'll probably contact him out of principle but in the end I'll most likely just chalk this one up to a bad experience and avoid ikon going forward.

Even when he gets them perfectly correct I will not be purchasing one, he should have scrapped them or at least been up front about it and said more than there would be a few blemishes ....no way to do business , no way at all. Im wondering if Counnaughts saw them and said " we can't sell these " !!!

There is no way this was some sort of QC oversight. Just a couple of says ago, on this same thread, Darkbulb and I were sort of saying this about his ethics and reputation. Kind of ironic this is how it turned out. Maybe we jinxed the whole thing. [emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom