Fantasy Formula 1 2013

I finally updated with the Results from Hungary.

Sorry for the delay but I have had a computer meltdown, guess what wasn't backed up? Yes, the TSR Fantasy F1 spreadsheet, so I had to rebuild it from scratch.

Never again will I be watching F1, for the premier motorsport in the world, it really is dire.
I would rather watch paint dry than watch what I have seen this season. I really hoped that they could turn around the monotony of the few previous years but the good ole days have gone RIP F1!

Not saying cos I'm last :(

SmallBeard said:
Hi Steve,

Have you had the time to update from the last two races? It's getting near the business end of the calendar now, I'm getting nervous... :icon_razz:

I was wondering the same thing myself - I suppose if Steve's having problems with the administration I could take over until the end of the season (distance learning module finished and won't be doing the next one until February), but I'd need to find-out how he set-up the spreadsheet.

chrisbell said:
SmallBeard said:
Hi Steve,

Have you had the time to update from the last two races? It's getting near the business end of the calendar now, I'm getting nervous... :icon_razz:

I was wondering the same thing myself - I suppose if Steve's having problems with the administration I could take over until the end of the season (distance learning module finished and won't be doing the next one until February), but I'd need to find-out how he set-up the spreadsheet.

Sorry chaps, having a bit of a mare at work, and not much better at home lately. I didn't even manage to watch the last race.

I promise to update it before this weekends race.

Some results.

Here we are after Singapore

And here are the latest standings after Korea

Lose the beard said:
chrisbell said:
SmallBeard said:
Hi Steve,

Sorry chaps, having a bit of a mare at work, and not much better at home lately. I didn't even manage to watch the last race.

I promise to update it before this weekends race.

Some results.

Here we are after Singapore

And here are the latest standings after Korea

Thanks Steve! Sorry to hear you're having a nightmare, appreciate the update amid the chaos!

Cheers mate.

SmallBeard said:
Aye, I reckon after this weekend he will be firmly at the top.

If Vettel wins again, and I can't see any reason why he won't then I think you are right.
What, in hindsight, does surprise me is only big dunc bought Vettel, none of the rest of us did, was that a logical decision or an emotional one as we didn't want him to do well again.

I have nothing against Vettel, he has proved to be a good driver, and he happens to be in a very good car as well. I would like a closer fight, but you can't blame Vettel or Red Bull, the other teams and drivers need to step up a gear.

Lose the beard said:
SmallBeard said:
Aye, I reckon after this weekend he will be firmly at the top.

If Vettel wins again, and I can't see any reason why he won't then I think you are right.
What, in hindsight, does surprise me is only big dunc bought Vettel, none of the rest of us did, was that a logical decision or an emotional one as we didn't want him to do well again.

I have nothing against Vettel, he has proved to be a good driver, and he happens to be in a very good car as well. I would like a closer fight, but you can't blame Vettel or Red Bull, the other teams and drivers need to step up a gear.

I think he will do it again.

My approach to that was, due to the price of Vettel it might be better to pick 2 drivers who might not win a lot of races, but will place reasonably well in every race, and just hope Vettel doesn't win as many as he has. That, along with having Red Bull as the team, and still benefitting from when Vettel inevitably did win some races. That's gone out the window haha.

It's not so much I didn't want him to do well, it's just that he's dominating F1, him in that car, we should have known at the start of the season what was to come. It would be nice for another driver/team to do really well, and like I said, I didn't expect my drivers to win lots of races, but be consistently well placed, but he's done it again.

I guess, when it comes down to it, it was my heart ruling my head, as we all knew he was going to do amazingly well, but maybe didn't want to accept that? I told my brother about entering this, and he said "anyone with Vettel is just going to win" and I'd really hoped not, but it seems to be that's the case. Of course, it's not over yet, but barring catastrophic mechanical problems, I can't see myself holding on, or anyone catching up after this weekend.

Fair play to big Dunc though, he chose the best driver/most successful driver by miles. Now it gets really tense, therefore exciting! :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom