Favourite Shave Stick?

Re: RE: Favourite Shave Stick?

AGIO said:
NotTheStig said:
Speick. I've also tried Palmolive, Arko, Tabac, Wilkinson Sword and an Erasmic.

I've tried palmolive, arko, wilkinson sword, erasmic and derby.
I prefer the arko stick but have switched over to creams for a while. The arko stick lathers well and helps the blade glide over the skin but has left my face with a dry/tight feeling :s
What was the Derby like?

NotTheStig said:
AGIO said:
NotTheStig said:

I prefer the arko stick but have switched over to creams for a while. The arko stick lathers well and helps the blade glide over the skin but has left my face with a dry/tight feeling :s
What was the Derby like?

Arko in a different wrapper.

NotTheStig said:
AGIO said:
NotTheStig said:

What was the Derby like?

very much like arko but made by Azmüsebat, parent company of derby

arko is made by Evyap
http://geltir.com/index.php
register on here use a translator :icon_razz:

For me it's Palmolive all the way.

But I'll also give an honorary mention to Sir Irisch Moos and the DR Harris range of sticks. All very respectable ones that you can't go wrong with!

Those two I have never tried. On my wish list.
Give it half hour and I'll probably post a WTB for them in the B/S/T.

If anyone has either/both (don't mind if you've used a lot) I could swap for some blades....

Has to be Palmolive, Although i bought a couple of Boots own brand sticks becuase they were half price - They are a bit softer for face lathering than and i quite like the Freshwood smell.

mrjim said:
Has to be Palmolive, Although i bought a couple of Boots own brand sticks becuase they were half price - They are a bit softer for face lathering than and i quite like the Freshwood smell.
I think freshwood smell is wonderful, would be my favorite if boots shaving soap and stick would lather just as good as arko or palmolive.

Sezer74 said:
mrjim said:
I think freshwood smell is wonderful, would be my favorite if boots shaving soap and stick would lather just as good as arko or palmolive.

and the boots one have a very nifty holder

Palmolive or Arko. I was using Palmolive for years with cartridge razors before I started DE/SE shaving, so it's a bit of an old friend, although I think I prefer the smell of Arko these days.

Back
Top Bottom