Manky Boy restoration!

I think it is safe to say,this old fatboy's silo door is fairly badly pitted....
oO0kyVB.jpg

Not for long....;)
Watch this space!.

The Yeti is too far away,so I am going for The Lock Ness monster's piss....Maybe a bit diluted in all that fresh water though.

No,not liquid metal filler either!.

It will be a long process (a couple of days at least), but should be worth it in the end!.

Thats the one!.Ill strip off all the old nickel,get it ready for plating,plate it with brass,or copper,then polish the door back to the old 'top layer',then keep repeating until the pitting is up to the top layer,shine the hell out of it,then go through the nickel plating process.
I will mask off the back and sides of the door to keep the original thickness.Its always handy to have a micrometer about too...:D

That still requires grinding/sanding/polishing as I alluded to earlier. However, even deep pits won't be filled in by heavy plating. Seen that route fail too many time on firearms. I'll hide & watch.

That still requires grinding/sanding/polishing as I alluded to earlier. However, even deep pits won't be filled in by heavy plating. Seen that route fail too many time on firearms. I'll hide & watch.
And like I also said,I will be doing this over a period of a few days...Thin replate,polish off excess,thin replate,polish off excess,etc,etc,etc.
Have not seen that many brass fire arms lately,maybe you got mixed up,and are mistaking me for someone circa ad 1680?.

Back
Top Bottom