Manky Boy restoration!

Child 2..."Daddy?,what are you cooking".
Me...."why!,does it smell good enough to eat"?.
Child 2..."No!,and it looks awful"!.
Me..."I know!,let the cooker do it work Child"!.

vWhm9Yl.jpg

9g5D1ld.jpg

JSNmiKL.jpg

Child 2..."I ain't eatin' THAT Daddy,it looks horrid"!.
Me..."It isn't cooked yet dear"!.

wCmrEcz.jpg

Me..."DINNERS SERVED"!

465Q97l.jpg

TKOxCC1.jpg

Child 2..."Still ain't eatin' it"!.

I am finally up and running!...Quite pleased with my first ever nickel replating!,it is far from 'good' as I was using the manky bits from the 'to do' box,just to see how it went.And for a first ever attempt,I am quite pleased!.
I know exactly why the parts came out the way they did,so I MUST have learnt some thing!.

Who didn't drill into a backing block, then?

Well done, Dr. T! Looks like an excellent first attempt!
I know!,I know!,I kill 'self healing' mats!,and there's a couple of holes in the kitchen table too!....
Thank you!,I knew those parts wouldn't come out too good,as they were bad to begin with,but onwards and upwards!...;)

The good bits on the handle,came out perfect,the bad bits,as expected!.

Looking good, always trial and error to any new endeavor. Keep on keeping on and all will be well(I recon);)
Cheers buddy!,I knew before I started,these bits were not going to come out as 'show pieces'....As they were the worst parts in the parts bin...LOL!.
Keep an eye on this thread for some of the better pieces,soon to be having some 'treatment'...

Good job!

I have a new Digress that lacks number and dot painting - fancy a go at that for me?
Off course!,no problem!,send it over Carl!,like the genie in the lamp,from the classic Ray Harryhausen, 7th Voyage of Sinbad,movie..."your wish is my command,oh,master"....LOL!.
A NEW Digress without the numbers?,that's a bit off!,I'd be complaining about that myself....But I am happy to sort it for you mind!.
PM me mate.

Back
Top Bottom