Manky Boy restoration!

A NEW Digress without the numbers?,that's a bit off!,I'd be complaining about that myself....
I don't think that neither the Digress nor recent Merkur Progress razors come with painted numbers. Bothers me mildly as I shave without reading glasses. The biggest bummer is that the tiny notch on the top plate is not painted and very difficult to see..

I don't think that neither the Digress nor recent Merkur Progress razors come with painted numbers. Bothers me mildly as I shave without reading glasses. The biggest bummer is that the tiny notch on the top plate is not painted and very difficult to see..
As long as there is some sort of indentation,they can be painted!.If there is none,well....probably not!.I do not have a Digress to comment...

OK,for all you unbelievers (I'm looking at you Carl...;)),here is the numbers painted in....3 coats of matt black,and a coat of clear lacquer...
SdTJR3A.jpg

PTMIMgg.jpg

So THERE!...LOL!....:D

I'm planning to paint my digress numbers with different colours from blue (1, mildest), via green (3, my usual setting) to red (5 and '+' most aggressive), so I can see the setting even without squinting... I need to work on the exact colours and then get my arse into gear..

It is my Fatboy above that Dr T did the very excellent work on. I was already satisfied with it cosmetically so mainly wanted the internals sorted out. When I got it back the internals (opening/closing, clicking, 1/4 turn etc.) were vastly improved. But the icing on the cake was how much better it looked. It was really a pleasure dealing with someone who so obviously enjoys their work and puts in the extra effort to far exceed expectations.

It is my Fatboy above that Dr T did the very excellent work on. I was already satisfied with it cosmetically so mainly wanted the internals sorted out. When I got it back the internals (opening/closing, clicking, 1/4 turn etc.) were vastly improved. But the icing on the cake was how much better it looked. It was really a pleasure dealing with someone who so obviously enjoys their work and puts in the extra effort to far exceed expectations.
Thank you Micheal!
It was my pleasure!,I am really glad you liked the end result!,and another thank you for your kind words!.
I hope you liked your free pipe cleaner too.....LOL!.
Thanks again.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom