morris and forndran

I have a couple of Truefitt & Hill Wellington Super Badger brushes which are made by Rooney and have to say they are top quality.

(Note: Note all T&H brushes are made by Rooney. Others by Vulfix.)

What do we mean when we say "Rooney made" though? I gathered that the company as was now exists only as a brand name, possibly owned by an individual who makes his own brushes, a la Fido. Isn't that the case?

Would love one... or two... or three... but just can't be bothered playing hide and seek.

Anyone here familiar with someone that might be able to negotiate a group buy?

Just curious if any TSR members who have bought from Lee in the past would have better luck contacting him?
Has anyone broached the subject with him about a TSR group-buy? Maybe a unique handle design? There seems to be enough of a demand.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Just curious if any TSR members who have bought from Lee in the past would have better luck contacting him?
Has anyone broached the subject with him about a TSR group-buy? Maybe a unique handle design? There seems to be enough of a demand.

Oh god I can feel my wallet aching!

Well, I've never held a M&F brush so I don't know. They seem to hold their value quite well based purely on the mystique of the name (and artist).
Do they compare to the likes of Simpson or Peter's New Forest?
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. ;)

In fairness Lee always reply to me. Point is just be patience as he have work and family and M&F is done in spare time. His brushes are IMHO for me best performers and quality. He is very kind and helpful, top customer service.

I have now 3 his brushes. Two directly from him and one from fine member of this forum.

Mr_Smartepants said:

Antdad tried. There was a lot of interest. But it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom