morris and forndran

Mr_Smartepants said:
Well, I've never held a M&F brush so I don't know. They seem to hold their value quite well based purely on the mystique of the name (and artist).
Do they compare to the likes of Simpson or Peter's New Forest?
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious. ;)

Well I guess I'll find out.
My fleabay bid was successful.

I got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121222496183
Morris & Forndran, style 1 / 3 (large) Blonde 2-band
knot is : 26 mm
handle is : 50 mm
loft is : 48 mm
I probably paid too much, but not if it's worth it. We'll see...
I guess it's official now...I have more money than sense. :(

Can anyone who has experience give us a quick heads up on how you go about specifying, ordering & paying for one of these brushes?

Seeing as they don't have a website, at least not one that I know off -

I'm assuming the specifying and ordering bit are done via email when you send pics along the lines of what you want along with any other details.

Then the payment bit... do you lay down a deposit, do they accept Paypal or Credit Card etc?

What happens if there's an issue with the brush on arrival? How does customer service work post purchase?

Thanks

jb74 said:
Can anyone who has experience give us a quick heads up on how you go about specifying, ordering & paying for one of these brushes? Seeing as they don't have a website, at least not one that I know off - I'm assuming the specifying and ordering bit are done via email when you send pics along the lines of what you want along with any other details. Then the payment bit... do you lay down a deposit, do they accept Paypal or Credit Card etc? What happens if there's an issue with the brush on arrival? How does customer service work post purchase?

Thanks

You contact Lee, agree on a spec and a price, pay him by Paypal...if there's an issue (unlkely) but if there is I'm sure he'll remedy it. He uses CNC so it's more likely you'll get a brush made that he has an existing program for rather than say a handle that is completely custom, there is a long running thread on B&B dedicated to his brushes so takes ya pick.

As for the M&F TSR brush I did try, it was combination of not really enough numbers and therefore Lee dragging his feet or cooling on the idea so I gave up.

Somebody that has bought from him recently can give you a better idea but it'll still depend on the spec, handle material size of knot etc. At a guess you'd need to budget for between £100 - £250

This is my new M&F brush found on the bay-of-E.
I'm not familiar with the different M&F types, anybody know what model it is? The listing showed it as a "Style 1/3".
knot is : 26 mm
handle is : 50 mm
loft is : 48 mm
IMG_20131220_151904.jpg

IMG_20131220_151922.jpg

Back
Top Bottom