New SE razor - Rocnel

I finally received mine. I will give some updates soon. :)

292sm8p.jpg

34s1e2o.jpg

3176x3c.jpg

nfn2x.jpg

Ok guys, I want to share a quick review after my first shave with Rocnel SE. They changed everything I didn't like in the prototype so it is much better now. What is different:

- Shorter handle, easier to use on the neck area.
- Due to shorter handle's lower weight more balanced.
- Incredible finish. Soap scum doesn't last on it. You can easily wash it off.
- Nicer and more detailed workmanship.

Rocnel stopped pre orders through their website so the people who didn't pre order already need to wait a bit and purchase these razors through extrashaving.com

2yn00g9.jpg

It looks better too. Seems like it got an nicer finish. Only one comment: smooth handle? Really?
The production versions were shown before they got knurling, and a bunch of guys on the Turkish forums liked the look so much, they requested them that way. On the order form/request for payment, you will have the option of requesting either finish, smooth or knurled.

Last edited:
The production versions were shown before they got knurling, and a bunch of guys on the Turkish forums liked the look so much, they requested them that way. On the order form/request for payment, you will have the option of requesting either finish, smooth it knurled.
Thanks for sharing. That is good news. I can see they like the looks better but enough has been said about dropping pils, smooth handled mongoose and others (no personal experiences on that) so I think I'll choose a knurled handle when the time comes.

Thanks for sharing. That is good news. I can see they like the looks better but enough has been said about dropping pils, smooth handled mongoose and others (no personal experiences on that) so I think I'll choose a knurled handle when the time comes.

I have both Pils and Mongoose and if you drop either of those razors when you shave - and blame the handle - you're lying to yourself :)

Smooth handle is not slippery at all. Very easy to hold and use. And if it happens and you drop it make sure you don't drop it on the sink. This beauty is made of 316 stainless steel. It is the hardest steel in the market. Nothing will happen to it but it might break your sink.

Back
Top Bottom