New SE razor - Rocnel

The Golf 71. What piece of East German designed piece of shit that was. I'd rather drive a plastic/cardboard Trabant car than shave with that contraption. Flimsy like the flimsiest thing in flimsyland. Probably my most regretted purchase ever. That and a cheap half DE shavette. Sorry, I'm getting carried away :rolleyes:
What a piece of East German designed piece of shit...:eek:

Billy

Last edited:
Been emailing a bit with Murat, the owner, and he wrote back this evening saying that;
a) this week they completed the "patent file" (I assume patent filing),
b) they are indeed ISO certified,
c) he is being swamped with emails and apologizes that he can't answer them all right now, and
d) the monthly production quantity of these razors will be significantly increased compared to the DE razor production.

Seems like a nice guy and for $25 bucks (+$7 for shipping to the US) I'll take a gamble on a razor or three.

Still dont know how they can make one for $25? the material cost must be that on its own. do be aware that their site is not secure, it may be when you actually go into the payment page, but just check.

Still dont know how they can make one for $25? the material cost must be that on its own. do be aware that their site is not secure, it may be when you actually go into the payment page, but just check.
I can't see how the cost could be $25, when the DE with stand is $295. I would have said that $25 is either a down-payment for the pre-order, or else it should be $295 and is a typo.
The page where you fill in your details isn't secure.

I can't see how the cost could be $25, when the DE with stand is $295. I would have said that $25 is either a down-payment for the pre-order, or else it should be $295 and is a typo.
The page where you fill in your details isn't secure.
Stainless isn't all that expensive, and it has been confirmed in multiple places (including emails from Rocnel) that the price is $25.

It appears to be a slot and pinch mechanism. Simple and effective. Drop the blade into the slot cut in the head and tighten the handle to secure it.

I wish I'd thought of that.

Greetings
I hope I am wrong but I feel the actual whole concept of the razor is flawed. It is simply a DE razor with only one side but not as useful as a DE for that reason. It is not the same as any SE razor because it takes a salon half blade (half a DE blade) and not a thick rigid blade whether that is a GEM, Feather, SE,Injector or Artists club style blade.

I think what you have here is a shavette on a stick with a safety bar and apart from being easier to use I can't see how it has any other advantages over a shavette.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom