New SE razor - Rocnel

At that price its probably worth a Punt..Its hard to tell in the Pics an All..That said..It does look to have a Fair Bit of Blade Exposure & Gap for a Thin DE Blade..Its kinda based on an SE Idea but that blade just might Friggin Flex with a Tough Growth..I mean SE & Injector Type Blades are a Lot thicker than that for sure as we all know..Another thing.;)

Its got no blade stops which is Fine & Dandy with somethin like the Mongoose which does take a thicker Type Injector Blades...Just throwin that one up..I could be talkin Crap Tho..:eek:

Billy

I'm on that list and trying desperately not to be impressed with their DE offering ......... The safety bars are winking at me .........

Did you notice the baseplate on the DE saying "Mild"?
I wonder if that implies that there is more than one baseplate...

j13b5f.jpg

j13b5f.jpg

That is the best looking modern DE I've seen, the quality in this picture looks proper top drawer. How come we're only hearing about the DE now though? I'd have thought this would have been all over the forums.

That is the best looking modern DE I've seen, the quality in this picture looks proper top drawer. How come we're only hearing about the DE now though? I'd have thought this would have been all over the forums.

I believe it's also a recent design from, I think, October of last year (even though they've had the intent/company since 2007).
There are some write-ups in Turkish shaving forums of the razor and, as mentioned, a couple of users have both the DE and SE and will post their thoughts in more in-depth reviews.

Cihan on Instagram has been using an earlier model of the razor for a few weeks now (he's in, I believe, Cyprus) and will be posting a more in-depth review next week (he mentioned TSN when I messaged him but knowing that site's aversion to post anything that isn't in production that may or may not happen. I'll try to sway him to post here instead).
Here's his instagram feed with some photos of the SE razor he has been using (look - it exists outside of the company's site! ....). That's a prototype/early model though and the production model will apparently have some minor adjustments to it.

There will apparently be an in-depth review of the DE razor posted by another owner but as far as I know that might just be on the Turkish forums.

As far as pricing for the DE goes one can get it a tad less inexpensive if one opts out of the pretty box;
- $185 for the razor, and
- $45 for the stand

Last edited:

j13b5f.jpg
In the "About Us" section of their website, they say, in Para. 5:-
"A razor's proportions ought to adapt to each user's habits and body type. As a result we've developed six variants of our device instead of one single model."

In the "About Us" section of their website, they say, in Para. 5:-
"A razor's proportions ought to adapt to each user's habits and body type. As a result we've developed six variants of our device instead of one single model."
$295 doesn't sound quite as bad if it refers to a complete set of heads/baseplates à la ATT or Rockwell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom