November 2016 acquisitions

I had told myself that I was not going to buy anymore Schick Injectors, but I could not resist this one.:)

SchickBox.JPG

SchickHead.JPG

The box is pretty bashed as you can see but the razor is unused, the cardboard blade is still in place.

Now I am assuming this is an L1 as it looks identical to the black handled L1 I already have, I have not seen the L1 in this colour before except for another one like this on eBay that was sold recently, anyone any idea what kind of age this might be?

It has made in Holland on the box.

I thought having the two L1's would be useful for comparing blades without having to take the blades out unnecessarily or keeping one for twin blades and one single blades.

It turned up quickly. :)
1964 J2 Gillette Slim adjustable. Was a bit if a punt as the listing said "VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR made in USA" and the description just said, "You are viewing a vintage Gillete razor.". Not really much to go on but the pictures looked OK. All functions as it should, nice clicks on the adjustment and the doors look to be well aligned.

2016-11-23%2020.11.43.jpg

2016-11-23%2020.12.52.jpg

2016-11-23%2020.12.41.jpg

Remember back in February when there was a competition to name a new online shaving shop? Well yours truly won it with "Agent Shave" and my gifts arrived today. Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I was assuming I'd get a few samples but what arrived was full-size shaving stuff; very nicely packed too. Got to say I'm delighted with the choices and quality of the stock. Very generous of @Scswalex to arrange this for me. What's more I've never tried these products before but always wanted to.

I've used different scents of TOBS, P&B and Myrsol so I know they're top quality and I've never tried any "faena" products so I'm looking forward to it.
Simon at Agent Shave tells me their website is launching on Friday, so give it look. You can also find Agent Shave on FaceBook.

Now, which one to use first...

Acquire_20161123_zpsxldwngc3.jpg

Remember back in February when there was a competition to name a new online shaving shop? Well yours truly won it with "Agent Shave" and my gifts arrived today. Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I was assuming I'd get a few samples but what arrived was full-size shaving stuff; very nicely packed too. Got to say I'm delighted with the choices and quality of the stock. Very generous of @Scswalex to arrange this for me. What's more I've never tried these products before but always wanted to.

I've used different scents of TOBS, P&B and Myrsol so I know they're top quality and I've never tried any "faena" products so I'm looking forward to it.
Simon at Agent Shave tells me their website is launching on Friday, so give it look. You can also find Agent Shave on FaceBook.

Now, which one to use first...

Acquire_20161123_zpsxldwngc3.jpg

Hopefully they will stock some US stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It turned up quickly. :)
1964 J2 Gillette Slim adjustable. Was a bit if a punt as the listing said "VINTAGE GILLETTE RAZOR made in USA" and the description just said, "You are viewing a vintage Gillete razor.". Not really much to go on but the pictures looked OK. All functions as it should, nice clicks on the adjustment and the doors look to be well aligned.

2016-11-23%2020.11.43.jpg

2016-11-23%2020.12.52.jpg

2016-11-23%2020.12.41.jpg

I have a 1963 slim adjustable, lovely razor and always gives a good shave.Congrats !

Just arrived this morning.

Gillette Adjustable
Gillette Knack
Gillette Twist
Gillette Blue Starburst

Very well presented, nicely packaged, and from a fine seller on the Bay (I suspect he's probably frequented this site) Unfortunately, I am going to have to wait further to give them a spin, as I have organised it so that these items are something that my kids can give me for Christmas. Suffice to say, I am very excited.

The New Kit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom