Razorock Hawk

Do you mean only black in the next batch....or only black going forward (meaning no more chrome)?
c49360c324f4dda52c7baaac0a35e747.jpg

No more chrome [emoji22]

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

c49360c324f4dda52c7baaac0a35e747.jpg

No more chrome [emoji22]

That is indeed interesting. Well, I guess I have a 'collector's item' w/ that Chrome now.
I wonder how many more BlackHawks he will release and not quite sure I understand the logic in discontinuing the chrome - as it was obviously very popular - and come out with a new satin finish. I can only assume it's a vendor cost/sourcing issue.

The thing I liked about the chrome was that it created less drag on my face and was a smoother shave. Granted the chrome finish was not the best, but I guess when you do precision aluminum machining, an anodized finish probably works better. So in a couple of weeks I can put mine up on ebay for $100!

The thing I liked about the chrome was that it created less drag on my face and was a smoother shave. Granted the chrome finish was not the best, but I guess when you do precision aluminum machining, an anodized finish probably works better. So in a couple of weeks I can put mine up on ebay for $100!

Why discounting it for $100? I say go for $150-200 :)

And yes, I also noticed less drag w/ the chrome one compared to the Black Hawk

I received my chrome Hawk yesterday and shaved with it this morning with a Kai mild blade. It is much lighter than I expected, especially when comparing to iKon El Jefe, where it feels feather light in comparison. Despite this, the Hawk shaved like a dream and I achieved BBS in my usual 3 passes plus touchups. I have a heavy beard and despite this, it sailed through the whiskers no problem. Smooth shaver. No weepers. Very nice for the price! Finish only minor imperfections. I am very happy with the Hawk. By the way, it is my opinion that the Kai milds are misnamed---do not let the name fool you--they are sharp as heck but smooth due to the PINK coating. Very nice blade. I find the Feather pros a little rough sometimes. I should also mention that the machining is spot on with the tabs so closely machined that the blade barely fits on the posts, but it does fit to the exact margin without scraping the posts. If only the El Jefe were machined to this degree on the posts, but hopefully that will soon be corrected.

Back
Top Bottom