Gillette Aristocrat 15
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Myrsol Antesol aftershave

fancontroller said:
Anyone want to trade for a B&M Bay Rum?

SOTD141014_zps68dea2fb.jpg

Hi Mike, this is a great rendition of the image in a image trick. I like the fact that you included your hand holding the razor, very clever indeed.

I would also like to take you up on your offer to swap the B&M bay rum soap. I will PM you with all my wares for swaps. :D

RazoR'OC'k-tober (14 Oct)
Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: Acqua di Parma
Brush: 22mm HMW custom birthday coin brush
Razor: Ikon Deluxe OC
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue" (1)
Wow, what a difference a fresh blade makes. Clean & smooth 3-pass BBS. Dug out my birthday brush from the back of the cupboard to give it some play with my favorite AdP.
IMG_20141014_062615.jpg

Shower
NSS Bamboo and Grape
FS Silvertip
PAL Adjustable Injector
Alum
Arko ASB
Floris Cefiro

Thought I'd give the PAL another whirl and so pleased I did. Cracking shave, nearly as good as DE, a touch of sting from the Alum, but soon settled. Nice!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded butterscotch Simpsons best
Wizamet W11 Junior adjustable/Gillette Spoiler (NOS 1967)
DR Harris Marlborough SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Last three shaves have been with this razor/blade combo and it's been good! This vintage Polish DE kinda looks like a Knack and feels a bit like it in my hand. The long plastic handle gives a slight head heavy result, which is fine with me.

The adjuster is capable of much more bite compared to a Gillette. Matter of fact, I think the settings are about 2 clicks more aggressive per number, seeing as how the #2 setting it's on now is equal to my #4 Fatboy magic number. Just for the hell of it I tried the Wizamet on 9 and whew......very aggressive.

All in all, I will like using this recently acquired razor for a change of pace.

BBS results,

Martin

All you fellows are far too classy and elegant with your pictures. I'll bring it down a notch or three.

On a more serious note it was my first go with a Fatboy today. Had a little play with the settings and 7 seems to work with me. The weight of the razor and the higher setting worked like a dream with the Rubie blade and I got a clean, smooth shave. I even went ATG on my neck which I wouldn't normally do but the results were superb.

Absolutely delighted with it.

Soap - Wickham Hard Soap V2
Brush - Rubberset-400 replica with boar head - Thank you Andy!
Razor - Gillette Red Tip Rocket
Blade - Sputnik [1]
Aftershave - Marquis Anglia perfumery

Two great passes, very close and feeling smooth afterwards. Today's aftershave is a sample from Anglia Perfumery, Marquis that is originally from the Crown Perfumery 1928. I quite like it though the scent it self is very short lived, which is OK for an aftershave.

5 x sample can be had for £5 inc. postage
http://www.anglia-perfumery.com/product/fragrance-samples

xy19_472_u2sja.jpg

Goodnight chaps! :D

Back
Top Bottom