S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th May to Friday 24th May 2013

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: Aristocrat #15
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black (2)
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: Lea
Aftershave: Spieck Splash

A very nice, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

My Lea stick was too short to use, so i chopped that along with two other Lea sticks up and put them in a tin. Just like MWF now but with a different mild scent.

byyxxcI.jpg

MRGLO
iKon OSS
NOS Scottish Permasharp (2)
Arko
Chinese Pure
Simpsons Aftershave Balm

iKon is a great performer. Effortless BBS. Glad to be back after a few days away (and using the Wilkinson Classic razor - although it wasn't too bad).

Pre-Prep: Hot Towel
Prep:T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Feather Artist Club SS
Blade: Feather Pro-Guard
Brush: NF 2204 (First Use)
Soap: T&H 1805 in Woodhead #1 Scuttle
Aftershave: TOBS Bay Rum

Nice smooth shave. Two nicks but only because I am still learning to use my left hand.

David

Prep: Village Barber Oil
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Pass Around Fat Boy

An interesting shave, haven't used this oil in ages as (I think) the lavender in it ,ales ,y skin red. But my god it smells good and feels amazing on the skin. Fat boy was interesting went higher than I usually would, got a little to close on my neck, and have yet to find the correct angle yet.

Gravy said:
782sirbrian said:
Wednesday 22nd May

sotd22513.jpg

That razor looks like a Gillette Popular to me, i have an earlier gold one with a different handle pattern to that one. Yours is in way better condition!

The Aristocrat's have a thicker handle with a different pattern to the Popular's.

Thanks for putting me right I wondered about it's pedigree ! I'll alter my post !
Regards Brian

782sirbrian said:
Thanks for putting me right I wondered about it's pedigree ! I'll alter my post !
Regards Brian

They are a lot rarer than the Aristocrat's on Ebay, i've only seen a handful in the last year. There is/was one on there this week the seller called an Aristocrat.

I haven't tried mine yet, the shave is probably similar to the #15 though :cool:

Arko stick in a bowl
Henk walnut silvertip
Rotbart 20 with Rapira Super Stainless
Superdrug Sierran Breeze a/s

Blade feels really aggressive in this razor and will never let the aftershave near my face again with this combo.

Today's shave

1950s Super Speed
Feather blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Scotch Pine
Blue Stratos after shave

Results BSS WTG

Razor choice was made by closing my eyes and grabbing the first razor that I touch, secretly I was hoping for the Fat Boy, but no I got Sid Vicious. I know it's not going to kill me, but still don't trust it :dodgy:

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: CJB Kamisori \ Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Proguard \ Feather Professional (have lost count!)
Brush: Simpsons Emperor 2 Super
Soap: GFT Sandlewood - scuttle lathered

Got the lather right tonight, but should have done a third Cobra WTG pass after two with the Kamisori.

I could definitely never do just one ATG pass and get a good result!

John said:
1950s Super Speed

Razor choice was made by closing my eyes and grabbing the first razor that I touch, I got Sid Vicious. I know it's not going to kill me, but still don't trust it :dodgy:

Yes, I found those to be a bit shifty myself, Not a razor to take for granted enough to relax enough to use. Shaves more aggressively than it should.

Heh, sorta convincing eh? Some parts of truth in there to keep things interesting.

Thursday 23rd May

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Omega 10065
Cream: 'Groomed' shaving cream- face lathered
Razor: Boots DE Razor
Blade: Polsilver Iridium (kindly sent by Hairsuite, thanks again buddy, I'll be sure to PM you in case you miss this)- single shim

Well, today was a day of firsts, and almost firsts! The first 'first' was the technique in which I went about my shave. I decided that after months of doing one ATG pass, I'd go for 2 passes, one XTG followed by one ATG as before. Basically it was 1am and I decided I'd have the most amount of time in the bathroom without being bloody interrupted like normal! A second 'first' was the use of this razor. Picked up for £1.90 for my holiday in the future, I thought I best test it out before. Very impressed actually. With a shim it's plenty aggressive enough, and delivered a BBS shave to 95% of my face, very happy! Another first is this blade. I was very impressed Cyril, thank you for the opportunity to try them.

Very happy with my shave today; even with a weeper on my neck.

3p Pre Shave
Vitos Cream
Vie-Long Mixed
Merkur 15
Treet Platinum
Witch Hazel Gel.

New blade to me this one.Not the sharpest but very smooth.
I could have done with an extra pass this morning.Will try it in
A different razor tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom