S.O.T.D. Saturday 1th JuneMay to Friday 7th June 2013 ...

Tall_Paul said:
Gairdner said:
Today I used a razor with a blade, a shaving brush with some shaving soap, a wee drop aftershave and a spot of women's moisturiser after which I slapped on some cologne. It was just fine.

Short, sharp and to the point! :D

Paul, I am worried about Big G. He's hiding something about his shave........something shocking!!!! I am sure of it.

Mart

SmallBeard said:
John said:
With the blood running down my face and dripping on my chest I pressed on, your going to have to a lot better than that to stop me from finishing my shave... you little bitch :mad: I've had worse and have the scars to prove it

I will NOT be whipped by no blade :p

John, you crazy man!

I'm going to try the shavette again later, and reading this has inspired me to carry on like a trooper if I inevitably cut off a lip, or an ear.

Thanks! :angel:

LOL probably I am crazy, the wife thinks so (it was the look I was giving out of the corner of my eye)........Any time you want to stop bleeding....... NO? I'll just carry on with the other side of my face then that bits still good to go :mad: The amusing thing is on friday its our anniversary (the day me and the misses met) and I've got to go around with a fucked up face.... monster, monster :icon_razz:

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Taylor Eye Witness, 5/8", in (imitation) ivory
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone chubby 26mm super silvertip
Soap: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood

Green proraso pre shave
Rsc cream with a few drops of tea tree oil added
Gillette 7 o'clock
De89 with two shims
Muhle silver tip synthetic
Alum
Geo coral skin food
RSC moisturiser
Irisch moos as

Lovely smooth and comfortable.

dodgy said:
Tall_Paul said:
Gairdner said:
Today I used a razor with a blade, a shaving brush with some shaving soap, a wee drop aftershave and a spot of women's moisturiser after which I slapped on some cologne. It was just fine.

Paul, I am worried about Big G. He's hiding something about his shave........something shocking!!!! I am sure of it.

Mart

You don't suppose Mr G was just being a little.... sarcastic in his post?
Ether that or he's having a psychotic episode (if you watch too much british day time TV that will do that to a man)

Vintage Imperial Leather bowl shaving soap
Vintage Imperial Leather EDT
Henk walnut silvertip
Fatboy nickel plated on 4 with Schick Ultra Platinum (2)
Vintage Imperial Leather a/s

Great shave. Risked using yesterday's blade again after it left me sore in two razors. Thus time round in a different razor it was fine!??! Sprayed a little IL to the soap to give it some scent and it worked a treat. Finished with some much older a/s which leaves a loving cooling sensation despite not smelling of menthol.

John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:
With the blood running down my face and dripping on my chest I pressed on, your going to have to a lot better than that to stop me from finishing my shave... you little bitch :mad: I've had worse and have the scars to prove it

John, you crazy man!

I'm going to try the shavette again later, and reading this has inspired me to carry on like a trooper if I inevitably cut off a lip, or an ear.

LOL probably I am crazy, the wife thinks so (it was the look I was giving out of the corner of my eye)........Any time you want to stop bleeding....... NO? I'll just carry on with the other side of my face then that bits still good to go :mad: The amusing thing is on friday its our anniversary (the day me and the misses met) and I've got to go around with a fucked up face.... monster, monster :icon_razz:

No surrender! You bleed there? Well then I'll just shave over here!

Haha, I'm not sure she would agree with amusing, but I'm sure you will still have a great time :). She's probably just glad you know when it is! :icon_razz:

Liz Earle brushless shaving cream
Gillette Contour / Tesco 2 Blade Cart (personna I guess) - WTG / ATG
Proraso pre / post
Neale's Yard balm

Needed a quick shave this morning and this combo fulfilled the requirement. Not amazing, but pretty acceptable.

Give me my EJ89 any day of the week, though!

SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
John said:

John, you crazy man!

No surrender! You bleed there? Well then I'll just shave over here!

Haha, I'm not sure she would agree with amusing, but I'm sure you will still have a great time :). She's probably just glad you know when it is! :icon_razz:
Thanks, 13 years have passed since we met, she changed my life from being a drunken twat into a sober twat, and then into a father, at the end of the month we have been marred 6 years.
Just recently I went to the doctors for a repeat prescription and the doctor felt compelled to chat she said " I see your married Mr Kingsford, do you have children?"
"yes I have Three"
"how old are they"
" 10, 7, 4" Getting angry with the quack's now probing questions
"HUH but you've only been married for 6 years"there's the attack, and now for the revenge.....:icon_twisted:
"yes thats correct, I've been living in sin Baby" said making thrusting movements
that gave her a :blush: for asking and for crossing my path :D:D

Gairdner said:
John said:
dodgy said:
Tall_Paul said:
Gairdner said:

Mart

Ether that or he's having a psychotic episode (if you watch too much british day time TV that will do that to a man)

Hey Mart, yer right. I shaved in my Mother-in-Laws undies. I don't know if you could call that a psychotic episode really - seems kinda normal to me. I sniff them first, of course. Might mix it up tomorrow and try the wife's undies but she farts too much so I ain't sniffing them first. I always know when she has bad wind as I wake up freezing in the middle of the night to find that she is sleeping on her front and the duvet is fluttering 3 feet above the bed like a magic carpet. All-Bran and prune juice anyone?
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:Top form Mr G

John said:

He I wake up freezing in the middle of the night to find that she is sleeping on her front and the duvet is fluttering 3 feet above the bed like a magic carpet. All-Bran and prune juice anyone?
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:Top form Mr G
[/quote]

Hey John, that's a pretty good visual eh?

So Graeme, you were using that sarcasm stuff on me? Man, that is a low blow, since you know that type of humor totally escapes me. You guys who say one thing and mean another......I will never figure that out, seeing as how I am a Yankee person.

So in a recent post, Carl was explaining why most posts here have something ass related going on somewhere. Thank you for carrying on the tradition.

He suggested I look up something like 'colon blow'. Excellent information.

D-Day Anniversary Shave

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Shea Butter Soap
Pre: Cold Water Splash
Brush: Neep Custom Extra Silvertip - "The Pater" [representing GB]
Soap: Otoko Organics [representing the ANZAC forces]
Razor: Le Coq Open Comb [representing France]
Blade: Personna Med Prep [representing US]
Post: Svoboda Balm [representing USSR not present but diverting German forces in the East]
ASL: Muelhens 4711 [representing Germany]

Result: I think that product menu just about covers all bases. Of course the main result was that a great many soldiers and civilians lost their lives but, at the end of the longest day, the Allies had a foothold in continental Europe and VE Day was less than a year away.

All the best,

Jon

ps Will add pics later this evening

Thursday morning

Gllette face wash
Proraso pre
Supermax cream
New forest 1901
Merkur progress (@3)
Bolzano blade (2)
Alum and witch hazel gel
Blue stratos after shave

Another good shave with this blade, which was surprising as I added too my water to the cream and ended up with a sloppy mess all over the bathroom, but the result was still very good, ths blade looks to be a real winner for me!

Greetings

Thursday 6th June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Damskeene
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Cream: T.O.B.S. Sandalwood
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A wonderful shave. That's the end of my tub of TOBS Sandalwood, I have enjoyed the scent and it's ease of lathering but will not be purchasing it again, but only because there are so many other TOBS creams I wish to try, especially the rose.

I am really enjoying using my Damskeenes and have promoted them to second place in my top few favourite safety razors; just a fraction behind the OCMM.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04401.JPG

Thursday 6th June

Prep: Hot shower, Dove men+care face scrub.
Brush: NF2041.
Cream: Groomed- face lathered.
Razor: Old type copy.
Blade: Lord SuperChrome (1)

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom